• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know if John George from Sarasota FL is on the forum??

inspcalahan

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2005
The Last Frontier
I received a package from John George - pretty cool contents - I have no idea why I received it. Checking to see if he's on this forum. I thought maybe it was someone selling something I bought and the wrong item went to the wrong person, except everything I've purchased lately is accounted for.

Return to the sending address?
USPS fucked up and sent a bunch of higher end RC Car parts for a specific truck to a house down the block years ago. USPS took a month to admit they screwed up, but wouldn’t help me. I tracked them down using some common sense and knocked on the guys door.

Turns out he knew the package wasn’t his, knew it had my name and address 1/4 mile away, but decided to open my package and keep them and act like that’s normal. People don’t make any sense.

Send the damn things back to the sender, someone probably had a typo on the address, or USPS/UPS can’t read.

Last edited:
Reactions: oneshot86
Was it addressed to you? If so, I'd send the guy a letter or something. Might have mixed up addresses

Amazon scammers send their product to your address so they can review it and boost their ratings, usually not cool stuff, but I wouldn’t trust a man with two first names

Recieved somthing for a neighbour with the same house number about a mile away. UPS had his phone number on it. I called him and he came and got it. Started getting his mail and would just take it over. One time my wife got yelled at by him for touching his mail. Now it gets put in my box as out going mail or tossed. Depends on how we feel that day.

• Haha
Reactions: Edgecrusher
my name and address 1/4 mile away, but decided to open my package and keep them and act like that’s normal. People don’t make any sense.
Ah...not sure that he wasn't making sense by his lights....just that he's a fucking scum bag thief is all. All IMO of course! haha

This definitely wasn't a business sending me products to try, unless they are also sending me the $20k C&R auto blaster to go with them. My address is also unique and not confused with a generic address. I've googled and have it narrowed down to a few likely people in that area. Of course, the best match died 18 years ago.

I plan on sending a letter first, just to see if we can establish comms. Just figured I'd try all the forums first, in case it's an easy screw up to fix.

Recieved somthing for a neighbour with the same house number about a mile away. UPS had his phone number on it. I called him and he came and got it. Started getting his mail and would just take it over. One time my wife got yelled at by him for touching his mail. Now it gets put in my box as out going mail or tossed. Depends on how we feel that day.
Sounds like a dick but I would be careful throwing someones mail in the trash.