• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Anyone know where the get these radio connectors from?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Was looking for a Hirose 6 pin to a MBITR 6 pin as well as a Hirose 6 pin to a Kenwood 2 pin.

Only ones I’ve found are from Silynx and are $180 for the damn cable.

Just an option but can you make it yourself?

I no-shit wired up a LEMO connector to an Insight pressure switch once to make a hybrid pressure switch for an IZLID that didn't have 2 feet of coiled wire behind it. It was a bitch soldering something that small and I was recommended to find "a young Asian girl with good dexterity" but since that wasn't possible and sounds sorta sketchy asking for, I did it myself.

If you got the parts I can probably wire it up for 'ya. If you can solder those damn LEMO connectors I guess you can do anything. A little bit of glue covered by heat shrink makes it all watertight and professional looking.

Well the good news is, after actually getting someone on the phone, each Silynx XPS comes with the QD cable of your choice.

This was something that was never clear from their site, or any retailers. I always thought they made the cable lead whatever you wanted yet if you were wanting to change out cables for other radios, you'd need to get adapter cables for those as well. Turns out that isn't the case.