• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know where to buy….

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Darn cats chewed through the cord for my Mil Dot Master.

Anyone know who sells replacements? Not finding any in the PX and the folks at Impact say they no longer stock for older models.

IMG_7368.jpeg

TIA!

Sirhr

You might be able to get an adapter and new cord from Hong Kong along with a lithium battery that will give you the flexibility to go anywhere with it; of course the battery will self ignite if you try to use the MOA side with it plugged in, so be careful!!!

• Haha
Reactions: lash and AllenOne1
I'm pretty sure there's guys who will make you a new cord. Maybe Google around and you can find someone but I know I've seen it before somewhere.

Cord?.....bro....what is this 1995?

Hate to break it to you old man....no one's using cords anymore.

Around the mid 2000's most of us ditched the fucking cord on our mildot masters and replaced that shit with booby tassels

View attachment 8281491

How else are you going to compensate for Areolas Effect?
That’s so yesterday………now days we’ve switched to “boobtooth” wireless.

Reactions: lash
I was successful in using an USB-mini to Bluetooth adapter after I lost the cable to mine. Might still have it lying around; let me see what I can find.

I stopped using this setup after it failed to give me the proper firing solution for subsonic 25 Creedmoor at 2700 meters (or maybe it was yards; this was a while ago). Just beware of these limitations if you're doing anything real snipery, or competing at the highest levels of PRS.

If you get ahold of the original ipod charging cord, remove the third tab from the left.
Insert the Kyocera J-22 charging plug with the ground pin removed in its place.
Cut the other end and twist the red and yellow wires together.

Plug it in and carefully cut the blue wire.

Wait!!!
Hold on.
Maybe it's twist the yellow and blue wires together and cut the red.

Or is it, never cut the red wire.
I'm so confused right now...

Not bragging but I see the problem others have missed. The cord is plugged into the wall plug adapter upside down. Turn it over and everything will be fine.

Honestly, repairing that cord probably wouldn’t be that hard. Clean up the chewed spots, do some light soldering, cover with some heat shrink and you’re good.

I glued a 2032 to the back of mine. The backlight still doesn't work though, so it's kinda worthless for night ops.

Some of the survival shops sell the 'hand-crank generator-thingys' so that you can power up practically anything whenever there is a power outtage. Works great for keeping the fridge running, so the beer stays cold too.

Unless your fridge is a Lucas brand, that is. They're specifically designed to keep things at 'ambient' temps.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and Ronws
Not bragging but I see the problem others have missed. The cord is plugged into the wall plug adapter upside down. Turn it over and everything will be fine.
Wrong! Its the holes in the prongs. Youre not getting a solid connection. Replace those prongs with solid prongs.

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws and lash
I’ll ask the Elmers at my local ham club. They have connections for all the old unwanted stuff.

You need to finally update to the LabRangeMaster at least. Should be plenty on sale in the FuddPX, now that the GarminMaster has made them yesterday’s news.

You could try B&H. If you know the nomenclature of the ends they may have it. Found some pretty obscure stuff there.

Darn cats chewed through the cord for my Mil Dot Master.

Anyone know who sells replacements? Not finding any in the PX and the folks at Impact say they no longer stock for older models.

View attachment 8281452

TIA!

Sirhr

Let me look in shoe box under the reload bench. I might have a old MilDot cord laying under the Palm Pilot downloaded with Perry xbal.

Let me look in shoe box under the reload bench. I might have a old MilDot cord laying under the Palm Pilot downloaded with Perry xbal.
Dude, that would be awesome! I knew someone here would come through.

We have to be a certain age to need a MilDotMaster charger. @Lowlight probably has a couple squirreled away. But knows better than to part with them. You can't replicate the old analog technology with apps and some kind of Kestral/computer/Coriolis math.

PM me. I am eternally grateful!!!!

Sirhr

PS. I have gifts to send you! PM me! Sirhr

Mine recently upgraded to the latest firmware that allowed my Kestrel HUD to connect via bluetooth to call out shots downrange. Man this is a game changer.

Attachments

• IMG_4161.jpeg
    IMG_4161.jpeg
    559.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Haha

Funny though, I must have the gen1 mill dot master. It only plugs into my wall. And I think the internal fuse is blown.

(You thought you had me didn’t you?)

Last edited:
gs-p5-2.jpg

Update your equipment to take the guess work out of it .

Mine recently upgraded to the latest firmware that allowed my Kestrel HUD to connect via bluetooth to call out shots downrange. Man this is a game changer.
Are you saying there is a way to upload MilDotMaster results into a phone app? I didn't think the data was transferrable.

More detail please. Or do I need Bluetooth version of MilDotMaster?

Sirhr