• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone Know where to find Hogdon H4895???????????

Tex1970

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2008
Seattle, Washington . USA
I am looking for 1lb or 8lb bottles of Hogdon H4895, I haven't been able to find any for awhile. Also has anyone ever used Hogdon BLC-2 for loading 308 for accuracy? If so what was your experenice and loads, I will be loading SMK 168, and SMK 175's. Thanks for all the help and heads up. PS am also looking for small rifle primers preferably Remington BR 7 1/2 primers. Thanks guys. I have Federal GMM 210M new in box to trade for, up to 3K

Re: Anyone Know where to find Hogdon H4895???????????

Re on the BLC-2 and 168's and possibly 155's. Really wanted 4895 from what I have researched, but got what I could get.

I found a 1 lb bottle of Hogdon H4895 this past weekend at a gun show, but haven't seen it online lately.

I suspect you could find it a bit easier if you lived in Australia. Don't know the other name for it there, though.

We really need to make friends with some Quantas pilots, guys!

A friend of mine uses the BLC2 with 168 out of a 5r. I've seen him shoot a one hole 4 shot group with it at 100yds. I don't mean one ragged hole, I mean one fuck'n hole!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suspect you could find it a bit easier if you lived in Australia. Don't know the other name for it there, though.

We really need to make friends with some Quantas pilots, guys! </div></div>

H 4895 is AR 2206H in Australia.
I have communicated with Thales the parent company that owns ADI which makes some of Hogdens powders.
They tell me that the short supply is caused by panic buying in the USA and a failure to order extra to cover that.
Also the economic downturn may have an affect also. However they did not say if the amount ordered this year was less then previous years.
They say there is no shortage at the ADI factory.

Hogden powders manufactured by ADI in Australia and the Aust. Equivalent .
H4227---------AR2205
H4895 --------AR 2206H
H4198 --------AR2207
VARGET--------AR 2208
H4350 --------AR2209
H50BMG -------AR2218
H4831---------AR2213 (discontinued)
H4831SC ------AR2213SC
H1000 ---------AR2217
RETUMBO -------AR2225
Bench mark ---Bench Mark 2

NOT LISTED IN ANY BURNING RATE ORDER