• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know where to order a match grade SPR barrel right now?

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Everything looks backordered all over. I wanted to go with a White Oak a while back but put it off, big mistake apparently.

Call John at keystone. Lead time was about 2 weeks. I’ve heard great things. I’ve got one on the way.

I just had John Scandale at Keystone Accuracy complete a 20” Krieger 6.5 CM 1:7 +2 gas barrel that I’m extremely pleased with. Only about 55 rounds down range so far during break in, but shows to be a .5” shooter, maybe better, if ammo and shooter are doing their part. Given current circumstances, and fact that it took almost three weeks for funds to get there pre Xmas via ‘Priority Mail’, seven weeks start to finish, all in. Be very specific with your instructions, and you’ll be exceptionally pleased with results. I certainly am.

Reactions: jLorenzo
Everything looks backordered all over. I wanted to go with a White Oak a while back but put it off, big mistake apparently.
They are not far behind with back orders I would wait for one.

CLE has 16 and 18 inch "tactical" barrels supposedly in stock. Don't know what the difference is with their SPR barrels. I ordered a 6 ARC barrel from them in early Jan and was told it would be 12-14 weeks. It was shipped out in exactly 4 weeks and I already have the upper together. You might give them a call.

CLE has 16 and 18 inch "tactical" barrels supposedly in stock. Don't know what the difference is with their SPR barrels. I ordered a 6 ARC barrel from them in early Jan and was told it would be 12-14 weeks. It was shipped out in exactly 4 weeks and I already have the upper together. You might give them a call.

over 600$ for an AR barrel...

I just had John Scandale at Keystone Accuracy complete a 20” Krieger 6.5 CM 1:7 +2 gas barrel that I’m extremely pleased with. Only about 55 rounds down range so far during break in, but shows to be a .5” shooter, maybe better, if ammo and shooter are doing their part. Given current circumstances, and fact that it took almost three weeks for funds to get there pre Xmas via ‘Priority Mail’, seven weeks start to finish, all in. Be very specific with your instructions, and you’ll be exceptionally pleased with results. I certainly am.

What made you go with the 1:7?

Did have a lot of apprehension about it, but after comments here, and looking at stability equations and expected velocity from shorter 20” barrel, agreed to go with it. All of my other 6.5 CM’s, both bolt and semi, are 1:8 twist. Thought this could provide me, and possibly others, some further feedback from actual experience with a different twist rate in a semiauto. And most important...it was in stock! Total turnaround in 7 weeks.
4-5” of snow and 8 degrees last night, which for TX, is pretty frosty, or I’d be out shooting today. So far, has shown to be a real shooter with 140 AMax. Scenars on deck. More, as able.

Did have a lot of apprehension about it, but after comments here, and looking at stability equations and expected velocity from shorter 20” barrel, agreed to go with it. All of my other 6.5 CM’s, both bolt and semi, are 1:8 twist. Thought this could provide me, and possibly others, some further feedback from actual experience with a different twist rate in a semiauto. And most important...it was in stock! Total turnaround in 7 weeks.
4-5” of snow and 8 degrees last night, which for TX, is pretty frosty, or I’d be out shooting today. So far, has shown to be a real shooter with 140 AMax. Scenars on deck. More, as able.

Well thank you for taking the plunge to provide us with actual downrange data.

I have a 6.5 Creedmoor coming from Craddock in a couple of weeks, Bartlein 22" 1-8/ +2 Gas/ M110 Contour. It's going in my sequins SP10 receivers.

And I also have a Compass Lake Bartlein .308 18" coming in on Wednesday to replace that shit barrel that came in my LaRue OBR.

I will be providing a full range report and review on the Craddock Barrel, Compass Lake Barrel, and the Seekins SP10 6.5CM as a factory rifle Before and after the Barrel from Craddock.