• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone like the 300wsm?

long range dogr

Sith Lord, bitches!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 13, 2006
    Lodgepole, NE
    I bought a remington sps-v in the wizzum last year.I hav'nt done much with it yet.Just wanted to hear some thoughts on caliber.Pics of some builds?

Re: Anyone like the 300wsm?

300wsm is a great round. it's a wildcat with a steep shoulder, which makes it very accurate (hard on throats though). For a target gun it's perfect. They don't function as well as a 300 win. because they are so short and fat, but for a target gun...who cares

The 300WSM is a fine choice. I'll build a long gun in this chambering one of these days. Until then I'll just have to make due with this 300WSM XP100.

DSCN2246.jpg

hangunnr

wyatt's internal box magazines will help on the feeding issues or you could go with seekin's DBM either on is gtg.

I have a BDL 300wsm functions and shoot good still load developing

I disagree with the target gun only statement!!! If you go back and look at mine in Hunting section. Alberta Mule Deer Hunt posted by JL1911. You'll see my GAP wizzum. It's the cat's butt of a hunting rifle. Only wished I'd gotten DBM. I will upgrade when I get other projects finished.

It smokes Black Hills 180gr Accu-bond. You won't regret it!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hangunnr,

Thats a slick little rig you got there! Hows it shoot? </div></div>

Shoots rather well. Recoil really isn't what you might think. I haven't found the need for a brake as of yet.

hangunnr

GAP 300wsm here love it. This round and rifle shoots everything great. Has enough power to reach out and like said above it can serve as a target rifle very very well. Barrel doesn't heat up as faster as a 300win i believe. Out of 8 Gap rifles the 300wsm is my go to one. 850 at 3100fps 180gr Accu-bond later still going strong

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hangunnr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hangunnr,

Thats a slick little rig you got there! Hows it shoot? </div></div>

Shoots rather well. Recoil really isn't what you might think. I haven't found the need for a brake as of yet.

hangunnr </div></div>

Looks like it's going to hurt both ends.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hangunnr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 300WSM is a fine choice. I'll build a long gun in this chambering one of these days. Until then I'll just have to make due with this 300WSM XP100.

DSCN2246.jpg

hangunnr </div></div>

That is SWEET! I have an Encore in 308 and it's totally fun to shoot. I bet a 300WSM is that much more fun. Nice handgun.

I like it for hunting myself, I've used a factory SPS chambered in 300wsm with success. I had R&D build me a 300wsm on a Tac30 that shoots great, but haven't actually had anything besides paper in the crosshairs with it (and didn't draw elk or antelope here in AZ this year either - holding out hope for deer).

I've used it to Kill Hogs, Dogs, Javelina and Nilgai down in Texas. It's a killing machine. It delivers a lot of round down range without the felt recoil of the .300wm IMHO. I'm a big fan.
    Its a long flat shooter as well, one of my favorite thing to do is shoot javelina beyond 600 yards with it. I had one of my best Coyote kills this season with it as well - 475yards across a braced arm.