• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Anyone near KCMO with a Chronograph

DustyJacket

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2009
KCMO
www.dustyjacket.com
My 9mm suppressor is sounding a bit loud.

I'd like to check that my 147gr ammo and 158gr ammo is truley subsonic.

So, I am looking for someone near Kansas City that will let me fire 10 rounds through their chronograph.

Re: Anyone near KCMO with a Chronograph

I think all us KC shooters need to send emails to the local dept of conservation and request that they have a chronograph on site for shooters to get velocity readings from. It would be nice if they just had it setup in booth number 1 at Parma or LC, and just had it simply for velocity readings. I can see the MDC having the funds available, and the willingness to do it at Parma vs. LC. What do y'alls think?

Branden

It would be a nice service. Maybe they could charge $1 for 5 shots, then move on to the next person.

However, I'd rather they set up a couple of booths for shooting prone. I'll probably just buy a cheap "shooting Chrony" F-1....

I've got one. I shoot at Parma some weekends. Planning to go this Sunday if I can get permission from the wife and some ammo loaded on time.

Congrats on the new Chrony. One thing, I'd recommend bringing a spare with you to the range. Nothing ruins your day of shooting more than switching on the chrony and watching the numbers fade out as the battery dies.

One thing would ruin my day more, and that is firing too low and putting a round through the body of the chrony.
smile.gif

have you used one at Lake City or Parma?

the LC boys seem wrapped a little too tightly to allow it.....