• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors anyone near pittsburgh have an ultra 7 and or 5?

corey4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2012
pittsburgh pa
anyone near pittsburgh have an ultra 7 and or 5?

i have a few ultra 9s that i bought when i was into bolt guns. my interests have changed and i am now into ARs at the moment. i am wondering if anyone would be willing to meet up, allow me to put the 7 or 5 on my rifle and see it it's worth spending $1400 to save a few ounces and inches while giving up dBs. im willing to travel a few hours; ammo, beer and pizza are on me. i currently have about 500 rounds thru this setup, so there aren't any concentricity issues with me putting a round thru your can.

it is a bit gangly, but it's super smooth and quiet, but pretty damn long.

ddm4v7slw 14.5 middie
rifle length RE
tbac ultra9
slr agb
yes, it's a sbr lower, a dd mk18 factory lower

20220303_163840.jpg

I've got an Ultra 7 and an Ultra 5 in jail. I expect the Ultra 5 to be released in about a month if you can wait a little yet. I'm north of Pittsburgh. Shoot me a pm.

***Personal UNPOPULAR (non-tacticool) opinion incoming...***

Don't waste money on a 5" (K) .30 caliber suppressor for a rifle... You will be thoroughly disappointed in the fact you will still HAVE TO (not optional) wear hearing protection with just about everything you shoot through it, because it really doesn't do what people hope it will...The only exception being subsonic ammo/cartridges like the .300 BLK. The shortest I would go is around 6-7" about the OAL of a Sandman-S (6.8")

I don’t have any TBAC cans but good to see more Pittsburgh people on the hide. I live east of the city in the plum area. Heading north this weekend to potter county to shoot over 500 for the first time in awhile.

Reactions: stevieb92
For a semi with a 14.5" barrel... I'd consider a dedicated semi can.

Something that can rock and roll for a bit. the Ultras don't play like that well

Don't waste money on a 5" (K) .30 caliber suppressor for a rifle... You will be thoroughly disappointed in the fact you will still HAVE TO (not optional) wear hearing protection with just about everything you shoot through it, because it really doesn't do what people hope it will...The only exception being subsonic ammo/cartridges like the .300 BLK. The shortest I would go is around 6-7" about the OAL of a Sandman-S (6.8")

I would never recommend shooting any supersonic ammo through any can without hearing protection.

No matter what suppressor you have on a rifle, it's not hearing safe with supersonic ammo.

Reactions: Secant and jb0311
I would never recommend shooting any supersonic ammo through any can without hearing protection.

No matter what suppressor you have on a rifle, it's not hearing safe with supersonic ammo.

i don't recall saying anything about not wanting to wear hearing protection, but still good advice for any new comers.

For a semi with a 14.5" barrel... I'd consider a dedicated semi can.

Something that can rock and roll for a bit. the Ultras don't play like that well
the point of this rifle isn't to bang away with 15-20 shot strings as fast as i can. besides, i have a few sakers for that.

I think the personal opinion that’s unpopular is that Ultra 5’s are fuckin badass! Love both of mine. Lol