• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone need 7 or 300 RUM brass?

jwp6114

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2008
Newnan, GA
A local shop has about 1000 pc each of 7rum and 300rum (rem headstamp), he is asking 1$/per pc + shipping, He doesnt want his shop's name all over the internet (one man operation and he can barly keep up with the locals) PM me for his contact info on this brass... I will not be fronting for it as i did with some 7saum brass a few threads down.

Jake.

Was in his shop and laid hands on all this brass today. Seems like its not a popular cartridge.

Jake,
Usually, that's a pretty decent price for RUM brass (if it's new). You can get it a little cheaper from BHSS if you are a "Dealer" but not much. If it's 1x fired he might take awhile getting rid of it at that price as it "normally" used to go for about $0.50 each but then again, these aren't "Normal" times.

I like the caliber (300 RUM) but it's a little "pricy" to shoot/reload although not much more than my 300 Weatherby Mag.

If a target gun was chambered for this cartridge, how long would the barrel last? And how many shots would u get out of a piece of brass? What kind of velocities can be had with say a 29-30" and 230gn pills?

I don't know too many folks that shoot it.

I have a 300 RUM Rem 700 27" Krieger I have setup for target shooting, as for barrel life I don't know yet I have just over 400 rds through it, I have some remington brass that I have loaded 8 times with no problems, I just anneal it every 2-3 firings. I am shooting the 208 AMAX at around 2900 fps, but I am not loading even close to the max, with a 230gn you could probably get close to 3100. I think you will find it is a more popular caliber in the western and rocky mountain states than in the eastern states, as it is a great long range hunting round.