• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone Notice More Being Paid For Firearms And Ammo On The Auction Sites?

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    Since the last 2 murders, has anyone checked the bids on those auction sites? I'm wondering if firearm prices have gone up and also how's the ammo supply holding out?

Fuck gunbroker. Unfortunately it’s the only place I can find some of the stuff I’ve been stockpiling. I usually contact the sellers and go outside of the site so I don’t have to pay their retarded fees. But as far as prices, I haven’t seen much change in the last month.

aaaand-its-gone-iqqx8x.jpg

I haven’t noticed a difference locally to be honest. I think the media and dems have gone so overboard since 2019 that people grew numb to the frantic buying. Many factors play into high prices and availability now besides just panic buying. Most things you want shooting related you backorder now as the new norm unfortunately. Or pay the inflated prices on bid sites if you want it now

I would guess there is a bump on gun broker every time something like this happens and the word ban makes the news, but if the news runs stories tomorrow that the government was going to ban hammers the prices on EBay would probably double, just human nature.

I frequently go through GB and nothing looks any crazier than usual. That could be due to the items I have been searching though. Of course hard to get items have been very expensive for a while.

I shared a chuckle today with a seller on GB. He was selling THREE ROUNDS of 22-3000, each one a different bullet loaded, and I was following it to see if anyone would bid on it. Not only did a bunch of people bid on it, it went for $30!
    Or a month ago, a couple guys having a dick contest had bid a Rem 700 FIRST PRODUCTION up over $5,500. WHen it was at $5500, I emailed the seller and said "I'll eat my hat if the winner actually pays that". The gun went on to sell for over $10,000 and the seller told me the buyer paid it immediately with CC, so I'd better get started eating my hat." ;-)
    At that price, I immediately put MINE up for auction. Somehow, as always happens, the #2 guy in the first auction, who just HAD to have that rifle and was willing to pay $10000 for it, had suddenly lost all interest in one with a $6K starting bid. Weird, but I see that all the time. It took about a month, but I did eventually sell mine for $6k, which was better than the $3-3.5K they were going for last fall. I wanted to keep it, but for $6K I was willing to part with it.
    And finally, CDNN, in their weekly Sunday night auctions of fabulous one-of-a-kind guns, had a new Ruger Marlin 1895 Trapper up for auction tonight. There are people advertising them on GB right now for $1350 and no bids. But the fools on the CDNN auction on GB got so focused on beating the other bidder, they lost all sight of anything around them, and they bid it up to something like $1950.
    I am on GB every day, and I am amazed every day at some of the foolish stuff I see there.

I shared a chuckle today with a seller on GB. He was selling THREE ROUNDS of 22-3000, each one a different bullet loaded, and I was following it to see if anyone would bid on it. Not only did a bunch of people bid on it, it went for $30!
    Or a month ago, a couple guys having a dick contest had bid a Rem 700 FIRST PRODUCTION up over $5,500. WHen it was at $5500, I emailed the seller and said "I'll eat my hat if the winner actually pays that". The gun went on to sell for over $10,000 and the seller told me the buyer paid it immediately with CC, so I'd better get started eating my hat." ;-)
    At that price, I immediately put MINE up for auction. Somehow, as always happens, the #2 guy in the first auction, who just HAD to have that rifle and was willing to pay $10000 for it, had suddenly lost all interest in one with a $6K starting bid. Weird, but I see that all the time. It took about a month, but I did eventually sell mine for $6k, which was better than the $3-3.5K they were going for last fall. I wanted to keep it, but for $6K I was willing to part with it.
    And finally, CDNN, in their weekly Sunday night auctions of fabulous one-of-a-kind guns, had a new Ruger Marlin 1895 Trapper up for auction tonight. There are people advertising them on GB right now for $1350 and no bids. But the fools on the CDNN auction on GB got so focused on beating the other bidder, they lost all sight of anything around them, and they bid it up to something like $1950.
    I am on GB every day, and I am amazed every day at some of the foolish stuff I see there.
    It’s highly likely that the seller was the one that bought it with a burner account. If heard of some of them doing that to drive up auction prices

I'm going to JoeBobs on Weds to hopefully find something suitable for a new EDC pistol.
    I was there about a month ago and they had a very large assortment (never mind what the website shows, in person is a diff story).
    I have to visit the doc in that town and since gas is so high....2 for 1 stop for me.
    I'll let ya's know if anything seems amiss.
    I'd like to grab some ammo too while I'm there.
    If my old ass doesn't forget, I'll take pics.....it's actually a real nice store.
    I know some of you guys shop with them and probably wouldn't mind seeing the retail end of it.
    Mind, I'll probably ask them if it's OK to take pics and have no idea what their response to that is.

Everything is more expensive. Prices / cost are still climbing. Prices will drop when people stop buying. That is the FED's plan for a soft landing.

I'm going to JoeBobs on Weds to hopefully find something suitable for a new EDC pistol.
    I was there about a month ago and they had a very large assortment (never mind what the website shows, in person is a diff story).
    I have to visit the doc in that town and since gas is so high....2 for 1 stop for me.
    I'll let ya's know if anything seems amiss.
    I'd like to grab some ammo too while I'm there.
    If my old ass doesn't forget, I'll take pics.....it's actually a real nice store.
    I know some of you guys shop with them and probably wouldn't mind seeing the retail end of it.
    Mind, I'll probably ask them if it's OK to take pics and have no idea what their response to that is.
    Prices on guns were just about normal.
    Prices on ammo were a tad high, but nothing bad.
    Very well stocked on pistols and rifles.
    Ammo was about 70-80% full up.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

I've been trying to buy a FN SLP Competiton for a few months now. One finally popped up on GB at a reputable seller. Somehow, a shotgun which had a msrp of $1449 brand new ended up selling for north of $2k before taxes and fees. And it was bone stock. Damn.

There's also a 1903 Springfield "National Match" on there I'd like to get my hands on but I'm not paying the $2500 the seller has been asking for for 6+ months now. But that's probably unrelated to your question.

At the local gun store today, the owner said things were brisk for business, but they were very well stocked with everything (except primers and powder).
    Not huge piles of ammo, but a decent assortment of all the common stuff.

Hate to say it (Hate reddit for the most part) but using reddit gun deals and the gun accessories page has provided some nice savings on things.

Fuck GunBroker and them allowing the people to sell primers and such. I get it capitalism and such. I refused to buy anything over normal prices. I'm only one person but I have my limits and my line already drawn in the sand so to speak. Most of those people don't even have a hazmat license to ship them. I always abide by the law through....wink wink.

Doc

Reactions: 232593
    Fuck GunBroker and them allowing the people to sell primers and such. I get it capitalism and such. I refused to buy anything over normal prices. I'm only one person but I have my limits and my line already drawn in the sand so to speak. Most of those people don't even have a hazmat license to ship them. I always abide by the law through....wink wink.

Doc

What is normal now? Do you honestly think that gun and supply prices are EVER going to go down to pre-pandemic pricing?

These prices are the new normal. Hyperinflation hit the gun industry 2 years earlier than the rest of the economy.

What is normal now? Do you honestly think that gun and supply prices are EVER going to go down to pre-pandemic pricing?

These prices are the new normal. Hyperinflation hit the gun industry 2 years earlier than the rest of the economy.
    Normal now is 80-100/k primers. Of course I don't think it will ever go back down to the previous prices.

However, I will not pay 500/k primers that people on GB we're asking.

Doc

Was bidding on a Rock Island 1903 with Unertl blocks and pictures that made the finish look brown. Essentially a sporterized milsurp with a slightly more desirable mounting system. $1600 before fees and taxes. Silly.