• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Anyone own a Liam Hoffman axe

D46Infinity

Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Las Vegas NV
I’m looking at adding a small camp axe to my kit for my hunting and camping.

Anyone own one? What are your thoughts? Maybe for me it’s the novelty of owning a family heirloom quality hand forged axe but I would really like to have one.

Doesn't look like you can really go wrong if you're willing to pony up the cash and wait. I think restoring an old head, modifying a Vaughan SH2 or even buying a gransfors bruks puts you money and time ahead...but, as an axe nerd, I completely understand the want for one of his pieces. Would love to snag one of his trapper hatchets.

Here's a Vaughan modified by Josh clarke:

I'm gonna pick one up to mod into a similar style as it looks handy. Should be into the thing for about $30 and a few hours work.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like you can really go wrong if you're willing to pony up the cash and wait. I think restoring an old head, modifying a Vaughan SH2 or even buying a gransfors bruks puts you money and time ahead...but, as an axe nerd, I completely understand the want for one of his pieces. Would love to snag one of his trapper hatchets.

Here's a Vaughan modified by Josh clarke:
bnM2i8p.jpg

I'm gonna pick one up to mod into a similar style as it looks handy. Should be into the thing for about $30 and a few hours work.

You forgot to post the photo/link ;)

If I had a wallet full of cash, I'd be broke in ten minutes buying knives and other cool things from the people I follow in the industry