• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone own a Remington 700 Tactical Chassis Rifle in .308 caliber?

MindCrime

Banned !
I have been looking to perhaps buy one of these new Remington 700 Tactical Chassis bolt action Rifles in .308 caliber. I like the fact that it has a 24" Heavy Stainless Steel Match barrel with a 1x10 Twist rate straight from Remington. it also has the 5/8x24 tpi Threaded barrel with an AAC QD muzzle brake installed for my AAC 762 SDN6 Suppressor.

This Rifle looks Slick and I like the AR-15 features. Anyone own one of these and can tell me how the accuracy is on them?

Here is a Link to the Remington 700 Tactical Chassis.

Centerfire Rifle - Model 700 Tactical Chassis- Remington Centerfire Rifles

Please give Pro's and Con's

Im no pro...but I sat behind one of these once. The one I used had one of the high end vortex hd's and Harris bipod. Shot awesome in my humble opinion. Felt good, and like you said, being able to switch out the AR type features is a nice touch. My .02

This is the chassis that remington is using for that build. Everything seems good but still there is a piece of shit trigger on that rifle. The chassis is 689 shipped without the stock. The Magpul PRS stock is another 200 bucks. If you feel remington is offering a nice rifle for 2k feel free to research more about it. I am not seeing the match grade barrel part. But for 2k you can build yourself a super nice custom rifle and add the MDT Tac 21 chassis. Just a thought....

One last thing I'm not a fan of the scope and rings mounted on a rail built into the chassis versus a scope rail that mounts right on the action. But to each their own :)

Here is a link to the chassis company. http://mdttac.com/tac21-for-remington-700.html

Last edited:
I had the Chassis on a 700 SPS AAC before Remington made it a SKU. It's nice and well built. Nothing bad to say about it. For the chassis, if you price out a stock, scope rail and inletting, the chassis is a good value. I sold the rifle because I grew out of the "tactical" look. If that's the look you're going for, IMHO you're better of getting a Simi-auto like a GAP-10, POF, or REPR. As for cons: more weight and higher scope height.

If you like the look, you might be better off putting a 700 XCR on the Tac21 chassis (about $2k). But now you could get a APO or a Eliseo chassis and have a better looking rifle. But like WinXP said, now you might be looking at a custom rifle all together.

good luck

I have a 700 308 set up in an MDT TAC 21 chassis (which is what the one in the photo is) and I love it. The 20 MOA rail runs the full length and you can set up any butt stock you prefer. The only thing I like less that the AI chassis I have is the fact you have to remove the trigger group to install so it just takes some extra time (with a chance to lose parts). This Chassis took my setup from 1 MOA to 1/2 MOA with no other changes.

I have a 700 308 set up in an MDT TAC 21 chassis (which is what the one in the photo is) and I love it. The 20 MOA rail runs the full length and you can set up any butt stock you prefer. The only thing I like less that the AI chassis I have is the fact you have to remove the trigger group to install so it just takes some extra time (with a chance to lose parts). This Chassis took my setup from 1 MOA to 1/2 MOA with no other changes.

Bigjoe what Remington is asking for this setup its not even funny!! Hell they are still running the stupid X mark pro trigger which I think is bullshit at that price point! The route you took is a much better approach I mean for 2k you can get a nice custom rifle then get a MDT Tac 21 chassis to install the barreled action into. Oh and the trigger a person would get for a custom build will not be no x mark crap :)

Last edited:
I guess I should just get the GA-Precision Hospitaller in .308 and be done with it. You can't go wrong with the Templar V2 Action and a 24" Bartlein barrel right?

$5,000. I have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk