• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Anyone own a Ruger International?

He Shoot Me

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
No. Cal.
I've been eye-ballin a Ruger International in 7mm-08 and was wondering if any of you owned, or even shot one. Now I know you Ruger haters are out there, but if you've shot one please let me know what you think.

The idea is this will be my light brush/hike up the mountain gun (always packed heavy barreled guns) with open sights, or maybe a 1.5-5x on top, haven't decided. The real truth is I've loved those stocks since I was a kid and found one I really like.

Your thoughts please,

-Pat

Re: Anyone own a Ruger International?

I have one in 270. Put a Burris 4x12 compact on it years ago and knocked down a couple whitetails.

I will never ever part with it. I took a 16 yr old kid to Utah on a "Catch a Dream" Elk hunt and of all my rifles, it was the one he chose to take. 2 blistering hot 140g barnes X bullets smoked completly through a 315" 6x6 bull and he travled a whopping 35 yards. One of the most memorable moments of my life!