• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone played with the cci long rifle quite?

customgun1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
arkansas
I recently go some of the cci 22 long rifle quite ammo, shoots 710 fps and is crazy quite, real neat little round to plink with...was wondering opinions about squirrel hunting with this ammo?

Re: anyone played with the cci long rifle quite?

Same thing as CB LR. OK to 25 yds, but not much good past that.

Plenty accurate at 25 yards or so for head shots on squirrels. Out to 50 yards, groups open up to about an inch and a half... with a LOT of drop (as mentioned).

Through my 10/22 heavy barrel I had a lot of trouble with cycling the next round properly. And there was a LOT of drop compared to CCISV. Unimpressed..

Wont cycle my 10/22 since its an old model with the heavier bolt and it wont cycle my 22/45 either. I'll shoot the rest of it in my fvsr. Wonder how it compares to SV with a suppressor.

I read somewhere that they wont work in semi autos, not enough blow back, I am shooting mine in a 1949 marlin 39a, stevens 1915, and a Remington 581 and really like them so far

They're definitely a fun round to play with & even better if they're what you need! Within 25-50 yds these are plenty accurate but anything past there they suffer greatly. CCI Std Velocity will group from <1"-1.5" at 100 yds while you'd have a difficult time making a 6" group with the CCI Quiet. The drop is just too inconsistent and you'll get ones that drop 8" more than your last shot at 100 yds.

They shoot around 3/4 of an inch at 50 yards for me out of my 10/22 with adams barrel and yhm mite supp. Very quiet out of my gun. More sound coming from the action then the round itself. Works very well on vermin. Have not tried them at 100, no need for me. They do not always cycle my action, but do around 95 percent of the time. I tried them in my ar15 yesterday but they did not shoot that well. Was using a 1/7 twist though and might have been way to fast for them. The sss 60 grainers did pretty well though out of the ar.

They wouldn't cycle the 10-22, Buckmark or the Mark 3.
Look @ the CCI 0074, plated segmented hollow-point, subsonic. For a 22 it is devastating.

Yes, it will work well...basically the same thing as the CB longs. I'd say good to about 35 yards...it will do 50 but accuracy falls off

If you want some back yard pest removal that is very quiet (quieter than cb longs) get some Aguila Super Colibri. I've lost count on the number of squirrels and birds that have been taken with this stuff.

If you can get your hands on the Aguila Super Extra SE (38grn HP @1025), get it. You'll get the accuracy you want out to 100 yards...it does have a lot of drop but if you have a good scope, it's not a problem