• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone Played with the March Genesis 4-40?

Rocketmandb

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 2, 2018
    Love the idea of the massive 86 mil of elevation. Don't love the price, but it looks like more than a capable scope and an interesting contender for my 37XC build. I'm getting a 40 MOA integrated rail on my action and could add in enough in a mount to get me ~70 MOA or ~21 mil total. That would give enough scope travel to get internal adjustment well past 3k yards - which is attractive.

The FML-3 reticle is uncluttered and has a floating dot - two things I look for in an ELR scope.

But that price...

Last edited:
    I guess you could factor in possibly not having to buy a Charlie tarac into the price.

I have... it still falls a little short on the pricing against many quality scopes, but then it saves a piece of equipment.

EDIT: And, oh yeah, it's .05 mil per click

Wonder at what MOA the end of the barrel becomes a factor in the scope field of view.

Wonder at what MOA the end of the barrel becomes a factor in the scope field of view.

Assuming I could get a full 65 mils out of it, you'd need probably close to 2.5" off a 35" barrel + brake.

6300$ CAD ... same price than a TT525P ... it’s actually not *that* bad ...

The March Genesis 4-40X52 is an awesome piece of optical kit. Regardless of the setting, you're always looking through the middle of the optic for the best IQ possible.

Love the idea of the massive 86 mil of elevation. Don't love the price, but it looks like more than a capable scope and an interesting contender for my 37XC build. I'm getting a 40 MOA integrated rail on my action and could add in enough in a mount to get me ~70 MOA or ~21 mil total. That would give enough scope travel to get internal adjustment well past 3k yards - which is attractive.

The FML-3 reticle is uncluttered and has a floating dot - two things I look for in an ELR scope.

But that price...

I am glad you like the reticle.
    I have seen the 4-40x, but I have not spent much time with it.
    It is rather competent design and the adjustment gimbal is very clever. The end of the barrel is out of focus, so you do not really see it, but if it gets very hot, you can probably pick up some mirage off of it.

ILya

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    And, oh yeah, it's .05 mil per click
    They've recently announced availability of a .1 mil/click versions soon:

I wanted to buy a 6-60x56 and I've been looking for a good review of it for a few years. Unfortunately I found none and eventually I bought a 5-42x56 scope. At least I've learned about March company because of that Genesis scope. :)

They've recently announced availability of a .1 mil/click versions soon:

I wanted to buy a 6-60x56 and I've been looking for a good review of it for a few years. Unfortunately I found none and eventually I bought a 5-42x56 scope. At least I've learned about March company because of that Genesis scope. :)

Would you be able to comment on your 5-42x56?

Would you be able to comment on your 5-42x56?
    @Glassaholic made a great review of that scope: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...gh-master-fml-tr1-preliminary-review.6993171/ . If someone at March reads this forum they should definitely consider giving him one of their Genesis scopes for review.

I made a few comments in that thread regarding a strange IQ issue that is somehow related to my eyes, but I'm not sure if it is only specific to that scope or any other scope will be affected. I'm planning to visit a few gun shows this year and check out as many high end scopes a possible to find that out.

I went with 5-42x56 because I decided that a combination of that scope with Charlie+Delta TARAC would be a better option than a Genesis scope alone. Also I'm not sure if Delta TARAC can be attached to a scope tube: there is too little information about that device on the manufacturer's website.

Here’s a low res mobile phone pic through a 4-40 with Ilya’s reticle. I didn’t take this
    pic personally, it was sent to me by one of the ELR testing crew. Target is over 3000
    meters and is (approx) 20 x 12 inches: optically the 4-40 is very good.
    F838556D-F0B6-4F20-BB94-4D57793A6502.png

Reactions: wildcats
    One very useful addition with every Genesis scope, is the inclusion of multiple height
    mounts. Standard height is fine out to at least 3000 yards with 338LM, without any
    barrel obstruction issues. See first pic below, optic dialled for 2900 meters, 30 inch
    barrel, no obvious visual obstruction. Top rail for other toys included.

If you add the cost of a Tier One optic + Taco vs Genesis, price win goes either way
    depending on models selected. Optically, the Genesis is going to be better, as you will
    be looking through fewer pieces of glass. The Tacos are rocksteady devices, but if
    you don’t have a chassis system with a rail, you then have to factor in getting it custom
    mounted to your optic or stock, which is more $. Some optics may not enjoy having
    a Taco hanging off their front end.

Second pic below shows the included high mount system on a McMillan 50BR stock
    with a Barnard 50BMG action, 36 inch barrel. Should be able to max out the Genesis
    in this configuration without obstruction, and theoretically plink to 5000+ meters with
    a hot 375/416 and solids. Hit % at that distance is up to you and Mr Wind. 🙂

703C7FD7-2507-456B-BA33-95122678B181.png
    CC5A7F10-62C3-455F-A707-4E16EC1BCE7A.png

One very useful addition with every Genesis scope, is the inclusion of multiple height
    mounts. Standard height is fine out to at least 3000 yards with 338LM, without any
    barrel obstruction issues. See first pic below, optic dialled for 2900 meters, 30 inch
    barrel, no obvious visual obstruction. Top rail for other toys included.

If you add the cost of a Tier One optic + Taco vs Genesis, price win goes either way
    depending on models selected. Optically, the Genesis is going to be better, as you will
    be looking through fewer pieces of glass. The Tacos are rocksteady devices, but if
    you don’t have a chassis system with a rail, you then have to factor in getting it custom
    mounted to your optic or stock, which is more $. Some optics may not enjoy having
    a Taco hanging off their front end.

Second pic below shows the included high mount system on a McMillan 50BR stock
    with a Barnard 50BMG action, 36 inch barrel. Should be able to max out the Genesis
    in this configuration without obstruction, and theoretically plink to 5000+ meters with
    a hot 375/416 and solids. Hit % at that distance is up to you and Mr Wind. 🙂

View attachment 7600854View attachment 7600857

You're pushing me to the poor house - you understand that, don't you? :) That 3000 yard pic is insane clarity and I didn't know about the variable mounting system, which is nice.

Thanks for additional info. I think you sold me.

^ I tell myself "its ok to spend money on things that increase my hit %" ... ! March optics seem
    to hold value very well, judging by secondary market prices around here. Think of it as an
    investment in accuracy.

I got mine for my 6.5/ 33/37XC switch barrel setup coz I wanted only one scope after trying multiple systems and this way I can get more trigger time out of such investment. Gave it a run at 2200m in Italy and loved it. The March Genesis 6-60 is working for me
    But that price...
    I got .ine

I got mine for my 6.5/ 33/37XC switch barrel setup coz I wanted only one scope after trying multiple systems and this way I can get more trigger time out of such investment. Gave it a run at 2200m in Italy and loved it. The March Genesis 6-60 is working for me

I still haven't put mine to the test. HOWEVER...

Literally 30 min ago I got pics from my smith on the cut barrel for my new 37XC. I will be getting it next week and then the March goes out to the range for some break in.