• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Anyone preparing for a diaster such as 2012?

alfred10

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
I am thinking the best bet is to get a med- long range automatic rifle and adopt easier sniper skills. I think this is especially important for small groups of people trying to survive an diaster. This would apply to getting to and defending your bug out location.

I thing a suppressor, propper cammo, and a med-long range auto rifle will keep someone alive loner than a cqb shotgun. I belive this b.c hospitals and medical care are not happening in a very bad diaster.

Does anyone else agree and if so how do you plan for a diaster with this theory?

If you dont agree why dont you and what is your theory?

As to body armor, I think I will rock a set of stand alone plates and if its cold out I will add a high mobility police armor vest. I think these two items greatly increase your chances of survival.

Re: Anyone preparing for a diaster such as 2012?

Like Y2K, there is gonna be some darn good deals on Generators come 2013.

I can't wait for the january 2013 coupons to arrive...

I'm very scared of 2012, I stop every day on the way home at a fast food joint to pad the blubber. Who knows how long I may be without food!

has this place turned into the fukin zombie sqad website or what.hey there mr lwrc556 tiny cal guy.2012 is not for real just ask your daddy or your teachers it is really a figment of your dreams.besides we all know that yellowstone is gonna pop before that anyway.geeeeesssshhhh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWRC556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking the best bet is to get a med- long range automatic rifle and adopt easier sniper skills. I think this is especially important for small groups of people trying to survive an diaster. This would apply to getting to and defending your bug out location.

I thing a suppressor, propper cammo, and a med-long range auto rifle will keep someone alive loner than a cqb shotgun. I belive this b.c hospitals and medical care are not happening in a very bad diaster.

Does anyone else agree and if so how do you plan for a diaster with this theory?

As to body armor, I think I will rock a set of stand alone plates and if its cold out I will add a high mobility police armor vest. I think these two items greatly increase your chances of survival. </div></div>

I'm thinking a douchebag....

I've lived through the alignment of the planets and I survived Y2K. The sun came up just like every other day. The only "disaster" is going to be from all the brainwashed people who believe all this crap.

December 22, 2012 should be a helluva shopping spree for the rest of us!

Don't know about 2012, wouldn't bet the farm on the world ending by any means. Besides, the current crop of idiots in power will have us living third world by then, anyway. Whether it is an earth-shattering meteor shower, alien invaders(little green ones or the ones with wet socks), or social collapse, no rifle will save you. Several trained friends with rifles would be a minimum. No matter how well armed or trained you are, you will have to sleep sometime. Let that one haunt your dreams, and forget about the Mayans. The world may end in 2012. Or tomorrow, or a thousand years from now. Who cares? I don't own a spaceship, so I'm screwed anyway. On the upside, I get to live for today.

The universe has no widespread knowledge of humanity, or of its quaint notions of things like dates and significant astronomical alignments, etc.

The more we learn about the universe, the more of a puzzle it becomes. The concept that some stone age shamans, who augered the future by scrutinizing the still warm and beating entrails of slain captives, had cracked the secrets of creation and the apocalypse is the most quaint among them.

I'd give the great 2012 ending of all there ever was, and currently is, a lot more of my credence if I didn't already have an actual life to occupy my brief remaining moments.

Greg

If the alignment doesn't suck everything straight into the black hole the only issue will be a week or so of hyperctive bank activity, ammunition, emergency and food sales. Buy stock in ammunition, and dehydrated food company's now, they will see a nice spike during 2011 and if sold during November 2011 should yield a nice tidy sum to be reinvested after the banks and other investements settle down, say Febuary or so.
A small rise in crime will be focused on the inner cities as the dwellers become agitated by the oncoming end of the world and will act accordingly. Even in this age of information they are so poor.
Me, I got good neighbors, a nice stash, we keep our vehicles filled, and a small amount of fuel on hand, food is G2G and if anything, I shall spend a little on extra bourbon and cigars to sit bcak and watch from my little military crest in the hills
grin.gif

I love these disaster threads. If you are out on the street all jocked up with your stand alone plates & "medium long range automatic rifle" (whatever that is) you will be the first one they grab & lock up.

2012 is worrying me to death! Im not sleeping but maybe 8 to 10 hours per night because of it!

Most are not even prepared for their next breath, let alone a major event. Just look at the housing market, they never thought past their job or ability to repay what they never could afford in the first place.
The basic failure of keeping the lights on, has proven to bring a large % of this nation's city's to the brink of, dog eat dog.

Something far less eventful than 2012,(even if it's true) may thin the herd even quicker.

Thank God I'm not a Mayan
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank God I'm not a Mayan
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Yeah man, thats right! Its the end of the world for the Mayans in 2012...but wait, they weren't right about that either....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking for a camouflage backpack.

</div></div>

When your pack it is heavy and the camo not right
remember remember in the thick of a fight
the enemy fires at the muzzle flash white
and the camo matters not to the soldier
matt-, matt-, matters not to the soldier

No clue what Paraphrase Kipling has to say about it mattering for Marines though.
frown.gif

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

The Mayan guy writing their calendar dropped dead right after he finished 2012, and nobody else in the Mayan civilization knew how to write a calendar. That is why people think the Mayans predicted the world ending in 2012.
laugh.gif

Preparing for 2012?! Not falling for that again. I admit I fell for Y2K. I didn't get a generator but a 4' propane tank. It's still in the backyard. At least it is not going to waste because I use it to fire up my grill every summer since.

Correction...he worries about "An diaster". Big difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWRC556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking the best bet is to get a med- long range automatic rifle and adopt easier sniper skills. I think this is especially important for small groups of people trying to survive an diaster. This would apply to getting to and defending your bug out location.

As to body armor, I think I will rock a set of stand alone plates and if its cold out I will add a high mobility police armor vest. I think these two items greatly increase your chances of survival. </div></div>
Don't you mean when Zombies take over and then how do you deal with thousands of flesh eating monsters surrounding you? Just something to seriously think about. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWRC556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking the best bet is to get a med- long range automatic rifle and adopt easier sniper skills. I think this is especially important for small groups of people trying to survive an diaster. This would apply to getting to and defending your bug out location.

Don't you mean when Zombies take over and then how do you deal with thousands of flesh eating monsters surrounding you? Just something to seriously think about. LOL </div></div>

Rule number one: Cardio.

The best part about these threads is that everyone assumes they will be one of the few chosen to survive.

If the world ends such as in this case (2012) everybody dies, hence the "world ends" part...

Stephen Hawking says the universe is still expanding - with or without God. Yet house prices are down at 2003 levels. In anticipation of 2012 I'd buy land. The good news is that it comes in camo.

The Hopi Elders Speak

We Are the Ones
We've Been Waiting For

You have been telling the people that this is the Eleventh Hour.

Now you must go back and tell the people that this is The Hour.

And there are things to be considered:

Where are you living?

What are you doing?

What are your relationships?

Are you in right relation?

Where is your water?

Know your garden.

It is time to speak your Truth.

Create your community. Be good to each other. And do not look outside yourself for the leader.

This could be a good time!

There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel they are being torn apart, and they will suffer greatly.

Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open, and our heads above the water. See who is in there with you and celebrate.

At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally. Least of all, ourselves. For the moment that we do, our spiritual growth and journey comes to a halt.

The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!

Banish the word struggle from your attitude and your vocabulary.

All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

—The Elders Oraibi
Arizona Hopi Nation

Go with the flow Dude!

Sioux

The only thing I have been preparing for is that our powers that be in charge of this great nation are going to try and take my liberties and my freedom from you and I... So I have stocked up over the years. I think everyone should prepare for a natural disaster, flood,storm,tornado as best as we can. It would be wrong of me to be helpless when a natural disaster happens, thats a diservice to my wife and kids, family and friends. Be prepared that way you don't have to rely on anyone.
.......SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing I have been preparing for is that our powers that be in charge of this great nation are going to try and take my liberties and my freedom from you and I... So I have stocked up over the years. I think everyone should prepare for a natural disaster, flood,storm,tornado as best as we can. It would be wrong of me to be helpless when a natural disaster happens, thats a diservice to my wife and kids, family and friends. Be prepared that way you don't have to rely on anyone.
.......SmokeRolls </div></div>

I think he said it best.. We should all prepare for natural disaster and have basic necessities ready. Food, water, shelter, etc.

With that said, no need to worry about zombies, end of world, etc. Y2K came and gone with no adverse effects, so will 2012.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cav, my friend, you talk of fighting.

He worries about "an diaster." </div></div>

Forty-One, now you know that "medium to long range automatic rifles" are for fighting in "special" circumstances... That being said.... He should order a Counter Sniper scope to put on that rifle to help his survival chances. Dinosaurs were big, bad, and boolitprufe, they didn't survive "an diaster" or a disaster either.
BTW, I found you a camo backpack. It's red and black. Good for hiding under dead bodies

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good boot for 2012? Was thinking mid calf but wasn't sure Lace or zipper. Hate to be unprepared when the end comes a knockin!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keithtb1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have a suggestion on a good boot for 2012? Was thinking mid calf but wasn't sure Lace or zipper. Hate to be unprepared when the end comes a knockin!</div></div>
River waders ought to suffice.
Whats up man? How you been?
......SmokeRolls

Doing good. Like the wader idea except no water on the property....
yet.

As I read some of the posts in this and other like threads, I wonder how long most people, could live w/o the "Store". I'd guess most would get killed trying to steal from those that were ready 24/7, like it use to be in this country before 1950.

Those that lived their whole lives, making sure their family was protected from most everything are leaving in greater numbers everyday. I wonder how many could really provide for their tables, or make their own clothes, w/o a store? Water is another area most never even think about let alone, how to keep things from spoiling.

Reading a how too book when time is short, is about like finding yourself lost in the woods with all the gear you need, but not really knowing how to use/apply it.

i'm currently digging a massive hole in my yard, once complete I'm gonna put all my shit in it and bury myself with it just prior to the "the great zombie di-aster of 2012", oh and will cover myself in a light coating of CLP and cosmoline beforehand so I can be dug up later

I watched the movie have an airplane standing by. I can just outfly the shit and take rufuge in a Chinese septic tanks.

if such a disater as 2012 actually happens in the biblical sense, there will be no reason to stock up on anything except holy water and penance, as all of our asses are going to be smoked.

think about it.

better yet don't.

All of this based on the end of a mayan calendar. As I had read the mayans didn't say the world would end, just their calendar stopped. If you sat down and started filling out a lifetime of calendars how far would you get before you got so bored thatyou simply stopped writing.

The only 2012 disaster that I am preparing for is that my kids ruined the DVD and its about 3 months late to be returned, thats like $6200 in late fees.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I read some of the posts in this and other like threads, I wonder how long most people, could live w/o the "Store". I'd guess most would get killed trying to steal from those that were ready 24/7, like it use to be in this country before 1950.

Those that lived their whole lives, making sure their family was protected from most everything are leaving in greater numbers everyday. I wonder how many could really provide for their tables, or make their own clothes, w/o a store? Water is another area most never even think about let alone, how to keep things from spoiling.

Reading a how too book when time is short, is about like finding yourself lost in the woods with all the gear you need, but not really knowing how to use/apply it.

</div></div>

Not many. And those who can don't often out themselves on the internet, or to their next door neighbor(unless he is one of those, too).
wink.gif

I'm preparing for the 2012 disaster.

That's the year my daughter starts high school so by stuffing away a little cash here and a little there I may be ready!

Otherwise I have the usual earthquake preparedness kit consisting of 3 months rations, 10 gallons water, bullets, ammo etc....

I'm with ArcticLight, got one in college now for another 2 years, one graduating in 2011, and one who's college was being paid for by Dept. of Vocational Rehabilitaion until his grade point average dropped to low and he got booted from that program. So my disaster is possibly having three on the college dole at the same time, something I'm not nearly prepared enough to deal with. The disaster is I might not be able to afford to go shooting.

wait wait... so you have 3 months of food, but only 10 gallons of water???

We're already living in a disaster, especially if you belive the lapdog media.

One should always have a stash for that tornado, hurricane, flood, broken gas line....... Why wait till 2012?

That said, maybe its time to start selling to the paranoid...

6 months of food, 300 gal of water or better, and unknown amount of .223 and 308, all in my 2- 12'X 7' concrete bunkers. Generator, raido, Gas etc. 4 cotts 10 cases of MRE's. My wife thinks I am crazy, but who knows what is instore with our crazy government.

What kills me is that people try to prepare for the end of time...

if it really is the end of exisitence, how do you beat that? You think having a case of ammo, or dehydrated food will save you from the end of ALL?

If it is not the end of all, then it will be common sense that will prevail, not a stash of ammo or food, or anything else.

If it is the end of ALL, well then, what are you expecting to live through?

If you were even remotely serious about preparing for a natural disaster ie: hurricane, tornado, the perfect storm, a smarter idea might be making arrangements with friends or family somewhere else or having a second property away from yours. I'm fortunate enough to have 10 acres, 6 hours north of mine that I own out right. I have all I need there and could send my family there prior to the storm. For us down south here, Hurricanes are more than likely going to be our natural disaster, and we have enough forewarning to prepare for them(unlike tornadoes that some of you have). All the preparing in the world won't do you any good if the entire neighborhood is gone like with hurricane Andrew. I wonder how some of you do it with a tornado when you have no real warning. We cant do underground shelters cause were at 0 sea level.

I gave up on stockpiling. Instead, I've been focused on getting my stamina up just in case Gisele and I have to repopulate the species.

Stock/supply's on hand only holds you/yours for X amount of time. Knowing how to "Safely"(aka, low key) re-supplying is the key to long term. Everything requires maintenance, even the body from time to time. Can you fix all your man made junk? Where's your Doc and his supplys in all this?

Having a stock of whatever, only allows you a short stay on the list of survivors. Many place a high value on money which is fine I guess, if you want to live that way. But when the power goes out, how long is your money going to be locked up behind shutdown computers, how long will it take for the "Store" to re-open to gas up or Food up. Money at that time is king but worthless, as well.

All my life, I've been told it's your title, how much you make, where you live, what you drive, ect, ect, ect. I have found all that to be true when everything is working, as per what most call normal. Take normal away and it's the guy that can fix his junk, table food, supply clean drinking water. They will be doing everything normal to them and never even notice a change in life style.

"Swamp People" is a quick snapshot of how this country was built, from the ground up. Those types will be alive longer than all others no matter how bad it gets.