• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Anyone Read A Good NON-Fiction Book Lately?

Just starting the The Gulag Archipelago. It spent a month lost in the mail stream and miraculously showed up the other day......

AA3CF136-3E7A-421E-A4E8-8A81D7D801AC.jpeg

Reactions: JimD72
have never read Solzhenitsyn. will have to look at that. thank you!

It has been on my list for a while. Jordan Peterson references it often in his lectures. It was recently mentioned in another thread here on the Hide and I decided it was the right Christmas gift to myself. I am a sucker for old musty hardbacks, a glass of scotch and a cigar by the fireplace, the cat napping at my feet, old clock 🕰 ticking in the background.......

Reactions: Ravenworks
It has been on my list for a while. Jordan Peterson references it often in his lectures. It was recently mentioned in another thread here on the Hide and I decided it was the right Christmas gift to myself. I am a sucker for old musty hardbacks, a glass of scotch and a cigar by the fireplace, the cat napping at my feet, old clock 🕰 ticking in the background.......
hear, hear! (except for the scotch and cigar - :)) great stuff!

Reactions: Holliday
Don't know if you're familiar with McKay's Used Books, but have found some treasures in there - cheap. A signed "Rickenbacker" autobio and a first edition of Layton's, "And I Was There". I couldn't get to the check-out fast enough.

Reactions: Holliday
Light reading: Echo Platoon ~ Richard Marcinko
Serious Shit: Four Arguments For The Elimination Of Television ~ Jerry Mander

The first book is part of the Rogue Warrior series, its really one you can't set down until finished. Dick is a crusty old Seal and writes just how he lived worth a read. The second book is really relevant to the current situation in America, kill your TV folks we're fighting the worst propaganda ever.

The friend of my enemy, he is my enemy;
The enemy of my friend, he is my enemy;
But the enemy of my enemy, he is my friend.

____ OLD AZERI PROBERB

Reactions: Ravenworks and wth
Light reading: Echo Platoon ~ Richard Marcinko
Serious Shit: Four Arguments For The Elimination Of Television ~ Jerry Mander

The first book is part of the Rogue Warrior series, its really one you can't set down until finished. Dick is a crusty old Seal and writes just how he lived worth a read. The second book is really relevant to the current situation in America, kill your TV folks we're fighting the worst propaganda ever.

The friend of my enemy, he is my enemy;
The enemy of my friend, he is my enemy;
But the enemy of my enemy, he is my friend.

____ OLD AZERI PROBERB
Jerry Mander... that's great.
We've tried to keep the TV down to a min with the kids. They just turned to their phones. The phone has now become the crack of this gen.

Jerry Mander... that's great.
We've tried to keep the TV down to a min with the kids. They just turned to their phones. The phone has now become the crack of this gen.
Wonder if Schick Shadel with have future classes for phone addiction? "Hi my names Larry," Hi Larry. I 'm a phone addict. Sad assed shit right there......

Neptune's Inferno: The U.S. Navy at Guadalcanal​

Amazing what our Navy folks went through.....

Neptune's Inferno: The U.S. Navy at Guadalcanal​

Amazing what our Navy folks went through.....
will put that in the cart. thank you! I've got Hornfischer's "The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors". I enjoy his writing.

Wonder if Schick Shadel with have future classes for phone addiction? "Hi my names Larry," Hi Larry. I 'm a phone addict. Sad assed shit right there......
yes, it is. it will only get worse. most kids can't form complete thoughts these days and heaven forbid you ask them to pick up a book or think for themselves. For the most part.

"Moneyland" by Oliver Bullough
The Inside Story of the Crooks and Kleprocrats Who Rule the World.

"Pirate Hunters" by Robert Kurson
The true story of how modern day treasure hunters searched for the "Golden Fleece," pirate Joseph Bannister's ship.

Last edited:
On China
by Henry Kissinger
Skip the political crap, worth reading to get an understanding of how they think and see the world.