• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Anyone recognize this…..

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    image.jpg

Shaft turns. Real thin sheets of stainless. Like a clutch of some sorts.

image.jpg

Reactions: lash and 338dude
    Those thin sheets of stainless are kind of sharp.

It’s like every other one has the tab that the top “post” secures.

So every other unsecured one moves with the shaft while the others are stationary.

Found it on FILs work bench, he was a collector of stuff.

Now where near 100% but it looks like it might have to do with windings on an electric motor? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
    Now where near 100% but it looks like it might have to do with windings on an electric motor? 🤷‍♂️

No place to connect power in and thin sheets of stainless make a rotten path the way they are all connected

Reactions: nikonNUT
    If not M-38 probably some sort of oil lubed system at Polaroid.

Man you should see the scary woke letter from Dr Land and creating a non Feudal society of scientists I found in the box of stuff.

image.jpg

His 1950s Marine greens are about twice the wool content of anything I was issued….

image.jpg

I've seen fuel filters like this... they create enough turbulance that they cause crud to fall out of the fuel flow. Common on some pre-war cars. Was kind of a re-useable filter.

Just a thought.

Sirhr

PS... just read further into the thread... I'd agree with it being an oil filter or marine filter. Same concept. Cool item!

Variable capacitors have a more nautilus/cam shape to them. The first radio I worked on had them, URC-9. It also had tuning tabs that sucked to adjust. Also, never turn it off.

Reactions: mtrmn
    Cool stuff, I would imagine you will find some other treasures.