• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone reload .303 here?

Basic user

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 11, 2013
    Was in my Hornady manual working up a load for a 125 grainer for an experiment (helping a buddy try and find a good load for this old enfield) and noticed Varget wasn't on there, but only some odd no name powders. H4895's there but I dont have any at the moment :(

Anyone use anything else for the light 125 grainers by chance?

IMG_0224.png

used to load lots of 303.

some old 303's like a .311 bullet, others like .312 bullets most prefer copper jacketed, but some like cast lead round nose with a gas check.

the original round used a cast lead round nose bullet, no gas check, and black powder. they upgraded to jacketed projos and cordite I think a bit before ww1

for such a light for caliber bullet, varget is getting a bit on the slow side (but will still work)

Reactions: Basic user
    Yassir!
    That light of bullet I would go IMR 3031, and the near similar burning powders.
    I load 150 SIE Pro Hunters N140, N540, AA2520, RL15. You could try those too.

Reactions: Basic user