• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone reload for a PSL?

pacomdiver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2008
SE PA
i just got a PSL and wanted to know if anyone reloads for it? does anyone have something comparable to the 152g sniper load?

Re: anyone reload for a PSL?

I've a Russian Tiger, and a PSL-54.
The Tiger will shoot .308 bullets very well.
The PSL-54 prefers .311 pills.

Get a Hornady or Lyman book, money well spent

Varget, Re-15, H-380, IMR 4320, all work well.

gunfighter,
i have the lyman and sierra book and was wondering if anyone got a good copy of the sniper round that is designed for it or something that works good. i have varget,RL15 and 4320. what loads are you using?

In the Tiger I use the 175smk with Varget.
In the PSL-54 its a 150gr .311 with Varget.

I've used lots of other powders and most all that work in a .308 win, work in the 54R (gas or bolt) as well.

Why is it your after a match for the 7N Sniper round? Russian factory 7N has never out shot my hand loads.

as far as the 7n, i know it was designed for it and wanted to see how it shoots in it and work from there. i havent been able to find any at the gunshows yet to try. i pulled the pinned flashhider off and checked the bore with the bullet test. a loaded 308 168g SMK has .120 showing and a hungarian heavy ball x54 round had .220 showing, does this mean i should use the 308's instead of the 311's? i dont want to overpressure it. how many grns of varget are you useing? is it comparable to the 2725fps of the 7n?

You'll be hard pressed to find real 7N at most any show you go to, and if you do it will not be cheap, If it's the real thing!

Sluging the barrel is the only way to tell. You may have some erosion at the throat or muzzle, slug it to be sure what the bore really is. Or just shoot it with both, the target will tell you all you need to know.

I have quit printing load data on the net.