• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone remember this Leupold thread?

devldogs55

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2014
N. Idaho
Seems like a few months ago Leupold announced a new line of “tactical” scopes for long range shooting, and the general consensus was that they really missed the mark. Most people were agreeing that Leupold wasn’t listening to the customer base well enough.

I’ve been searching for that thread for 45 min. I can’t remember if it was on the “new” old site at Scout or here.. but I think it was here. Does anyone remember that thread, or know where I can find it?

It was on scout from memory . I do remember Niles Coyote apologising
for being late to the thread : apparently he got hung up on the massive
elevation turret .....

Cant we found posts that were on Scout via the way back machine or whatever? Or are they gone?

I'm secretly sad Leupold didn't make me a job offer to write their press releases after that. :(

Cant we found posts that were on Scout via the way back machine or whatever? Or are they gone?

I'm secretly sad Leupold didn't make me a job offer to write their press releases after that. :(
No, I think they're gone. Tried finding a few before and the trusty way back machine can't even do it.

We're all sad they didn't offer you something, because that was amazing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

There was a thread about the MK5 line up but it’s gone now too. Is the MK5 line the same as the line they realeased awhile back and it’s just now being released?

There was a thread about the MK5 line up but it�s gone now too. Is the MK5 line the same as the line they realeased awhile back and it�s just now being released?
I noticed that as well...35mm tubes. Was a link to a placeholder on Europtic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And that thread got erased, I bet Leupold waited so late to release the Mk V line that are just going to wait until SHOT. I just hope they track because any 2 grand scope should not have tracking issues. I also hope for some MOA options too. But Leupold being Leupold, I'm not holding my breath....

And that thread got erased, I bet Leupold waited so late to release the Mk V line that are just going to wait until SHOT. I just hope they track because any 2 grand scope should not have tracking issues. I also hope for some MOA options too. But Leupold being Leupold, I'm not holding my breath....

You'll probably be able to buy one with MOA turrets with a MIL reticle :)

If you were typing to me, no. I'm talking about the new to be released MK V line that Eurooptics posted about. It had model numbers and brief product descriptions but for some reason that thread has vanished. That makes me think someone from Leupold said delete thst, its not supposed to be out yet. Really I wouldn't expect a company to release a new product this late in the year even though Leupold said 2017. I still say we will see what they have at SHOT.

LOL

Here's a new scope, featuring a direct copy of the 4.5-15 we've had for the last 15 years (don't let those angles on the tube fool ya!) but have spent that decade and a half figuring out we needed to raise the turret 6 inches, introduce a game changing feature we like to call Zero Stop™ as well as an engineered magnification ring lever.

LOL

Here's a new scope, featuring a direct copy of the 4.5-15 we've had for the last 15 years (don't let those angles on the tube fool ya!) but have spent that decade and a half figuring out we needed to raise the turret 6 inches, introduce a game changing feature we like to call Zero Stop™ as well as an engineered magnification ring lever.

Too bad that your rewrite of the press release in the old thread is lost. That was freakin hilarious.

Hahaha.. I was hoping maybe TheGerman would tell us what he thinks of the VX6.

Where's that one?

The irony is I used to really like Leupold optics. This was before manufacturers like Vortex even existed, and mostly everything was mil reticle/MOA turrets or a simple crosshair with MOA adjustments and that was about it.

Always waited for them to simply DO SOMETHING and I do enjoy the 6.5-20 M5A3 but Leupold seriously has its head up its ass, and its been up there for some long that it isn't by accident.

Ya, here I'm sitting just amazed that Leupold can't figure out what everyone else figured out 5 years ago.