• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone reviewed March Tactical scopes yet?

Swamper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2007
Came across these on benchrest central. Look comparable to, but lighter than Nightforce. Anything Kelby's is involved with has good reputation afik...

http://www.deon.co.jp/march/Tactical_Scope.html

March Tactical Rifle Series

6 Magnification Ratio
5-32x52, 10-60x52

The March Tactical Rifle Scope uses multi-coated extra-low dispersion (ED) lenses which reduce chromatic aberration and are designed to provide the best possible image resolution despite high magnification. Specifically, these lenses in conjunction with precision optical design have made high zoom ratios of 6 and 10 practical while maintaining excellent image quality throughout the zoom range.
The function and reliability of these scopes comes from an evolution of the March designs proven in benchrest rifle competition.

10 Magnification Ratio
1-10x24, 2.5-25x42

These scopes provide the highest magnification ratio in a rifle scope made to date. Both models are capable of focusing from 10 yards to infinity, with oversize and easy to turn elevation, windage, and side focusing dials. These compact scopes are able to encompass the performance of two to three zoom scopes in one.
Expand your world more than ever before.

ED glass is pretty amazing stuff. I was a big lens junkie when doing my photography back in the 70s. Cannon and Nikon ED lenses were many mucho thousands and The Best for telephoto imagery. Sure these have to be comparably advanced over non-ED glass.

I have the 2.5-10x NXS and like it a lot. This 1-10x March or the 5x32 looks very interesting to me....

Re: Anyone reviewed March Tactical scopes yet?

I have looked through my friend's and it is an amazing scope. The clarity and light transmission are almost unbelievable. The objective bell comes with a screw-on piece that reduces the amount of light that can enter because it is so bright. IIRC, anything under 600 yards, you don't need a spotting scope.
myerfire

Not in a million years will I spend 2K on a scope with only a 5 year warranty. period

WTF!?! Five year warranty, screw that....

yeah the lack of warranty and no mil reticule or knob options does them in for me.

However I love the look of their low profile knobs, IMO more companies need to start making a low profile knob option like these or the M2/M3 size knobs. All these tactical knobs that stick out 1+ inches from the scope do nothing but get rammed into stuff. Worst part is most of them have half the height of the knob as wasted space, it's not printed on or knurled.