• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone run a R700 ltr and AAC m4-1k? (.223)

Chuck Finley

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2005
Gulfport, FL
Pics would be great. Just wondering if I should send my barrel out to be threaded and have the blackout mount installed.

Also, would I be better off using the 762SD brake over the 3prong .223 tuning fork, errr flash hider? Will a larger diameter (bore) brake affect accuracy? And there should be no issues threaded the barrel 5/8x24 as opposed to 1/2x28 if I go that route correct?

Thanks!!

Re: Anyone run a R700 ltr and AAC m4-1k? (.223)

I do not have a bolt-action in .223/5.56 caliber. Sorry.

However, there will be no performance degradation in using a 5/8x24 .30-caliber mount with the M4-1000. If you want to use the muzzle brake that is a good option. The muzzle brake does help protect the suppressor's core. However, the blast from a 16" or longer barrel isn't as severe as the blast of short barrel host weapons. So, the added protection your suppressor gets by using the brake is there but maybe not substantial.

The Blackout mount "ringing" tends to be a bit more noticeable on some bolt-action hosts. The reason is that on auto-loading weapons the cycling of the action helps to hide some of the ringing noise.

Hope this helps you.

Mark

Thanks Mark. You wouldn't happen to have any of the 5/8x24 18T brakes would you?

I'm running a Remington 700 20" w/ a M4-2K & muzzel brake system and it's awesome to say the least!

I'll have to get some pictures up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: l4zy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Mark. You wouldn't happen to have any of the 5/8x24 18T brakes would you? </div></div>

Actually yes, we do have some on sale right now. Let me know if I can help.

Take care,

Mark

I have a Remington 700 .223 cut back to 16 inches with an SPR-M4 mount. The ring is there, but not bad, especially once the mount gets a little grunge built up. If you are getting a new thread job done, definitely get it threaded for the brake mount. You'll wish you had spent a little extra and done it, if you don't. Either way, suppress your bolt gun - it's all pros and no cons. Makes 'em way more fun, and you don't have to worry about cleaning it like you do with a gas gun. Well worth the cost of threading the barrel. By the way, ADCO does a fantastic job, and under a week turnaround every time I've used them. And Polite Society is where to get everything else!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use a new Break-out instead of the Black-out, you won't get the tuning fork ring.</div></div>

They aren't making an 18T brakeout.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Neil at Gun Gallery in JAX. They are the largest stocking distributor in that area.</div></div>

Thanks. I know Neil pretty well, Gun Gallery has received a lot of my business over the years. I'll see if they have one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kent H.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have that combo on a savage 10... works great.</div></div>

pics?