• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone run fixed irons on ar10 platform?

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    I’ve got an itch to get a 2nd m1a but can’t find a good deal local, and I have a ar build that’s complete except a barrel and stock, toying with the idea of doing a lightweight 18” barrel and fixed irons to give me something else to play with that will have something in common with the M1a. (Semi auto 308 iron sights)

The original AR-10 is best for that. Brownell’s has/had a repro.

Me with an original Dutch ArmaLite. From this position shooting surplus 7.62x51 at Finnish Army 150m range, the groups were too good to even mention. I was shocked when I ran downrange to see them.

I knew that since it isn’t free-floated, I didn’t want to put any pressure on the barrel, so I used the magazine as a monopod and applied rear pressure against the mag well directly into my upper body while applying gas gun fundamentals.

The Dutch know how to build a phenomenal rifle. It’s my favorite of all the 1950s-early 1960s battle rifles.
    iu

I think this is what Im going to do.
    16" fluted barrel.

My only concern, running irons, my aero handguard sets 0.01 higher than the top rail on the PSA upper.

I guess I could just lower the front sight post to be on par with the rear?

Reactions: bfoosh006