• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone running a 35mm USO with 58mm Objective?

USMCj

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2008
Nazzifornia
What brand and height rings are you using? and what rifle/contour barrel is your scope sitting on? pics?

thanks
USMCj

Re: Anyone running a 35mm USO with 58mm Objective?

tag, as I plan on doing this also.

MED USO rings on a 20 MOA USO base, Krieger barrel 1.25 breech and 1" at Muzzle.

with <span style="font-weight: bold">high uso rings</span>:
IMG_4922bsll.jpg

with <span style="font-weight: bold">medium uso rings</span>:
300wm2.jpg

300wm3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rcnpthfndr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MED USO rings on a 20 MOA USO base, Krieger barrel 1.25 breech and 1" at Muzzle.

I had High USO rings,(you can See the rifle in the precision rifle thread) and it was too high, i just traded Gunny for some medium rings and it is nice and snug now. i will post pictures tomorrow showing the difference in height of the objective off of the barrel tomorrow.
with high uso rings:
IMG_4922bsll.jpg

with medium uso rings: </div></div>

Thanks, but those mediums still look kinda high. Nice rifle BTW!!!!

Anyone running Seekins 35mm highs with their 58mm USO?

I have this setup on my Hospitaller.#7 contour w/Surgeon action. I had the low rings from USO, but they were so close to the barrel I could not put a Butler creek on the objective. I now have the mediums with just the right amount of clearance. Also, being too low made the parralax hard to adjust. Be aware that there is a small screw not countersunk in the objective as well that requires an aditional .060" to clear and rotate. I wish they would consider a countersunk screw there<hint><hint> YMMV
Rob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ol Rob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Be aware that there is a small screw not countersunk in the objective as well that requires an aditional .060" to clear and rotate. I wish they would consider a countersunk screw there<hint><hint> YMMV
Rob </div></div>

Had the same problem with my 58mm USO and medium-high Seekins rings (30mm). That small screw on the objective bell was quite a surprise.

Picture0192.jpg

Picture0222.jpg

These rings are USO medium, barrel is #10 Krieger MTU profile. I tried the USO low rings and the objective hit the barrel.

a44db4.jpg

How about 30mm/58mm combos?

I'm hoping I can get away with USO mediums instead of highs on my Savage 10FCP.

ETA

Guess I'll find out soon. USO doesn't have any bases for post-accutrigger Savages yet so I just ordered a Seekins 20 MOA base and USO Mediums, I know high's will work but they are a good .125" taller than mediums and I don't have a thumbwheel stock on my A-5.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ol Rob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have this setup on my Hospitaller.#7 contour w/Surgeon action. I had the low rings from USO, but they were so close to the barrel I could not put a Butler creek on the objective. I now have the mediums with just the right amount of clearance. Also, being too low made the parralax hard to adjust. Be aware that there is a small screw not countersunk in the objective as well that requires an aditional .060" to clear and rotate. I wish they would consider a countersunk screw there<hint><hint> YMMV
Rob </div></div>

The screw is a stop for the objective. It keeps you from rotationg the objective to far and tearing the scope up. You can do a couple of diffrent things.

1. File the head of the screw down to give you a little more clearence. ( This is what I did with mine)
2. Take the screw out, put a peice of tape over the hole and be aware that you dont rotate the objective to far. (Per Arnold)

I wish a diffrent design would come out as well. The file worked great for me!!! My scope sits LOW!!!