• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone running a Vortex Razor 1-6x24 on a Bobro mount?

shotdown

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
www.instagram.com
I just purchased a Vortex Razor HD Gen2 1-6x24 and I'm looking at picking up a Bobro mount. However, I'm not sure which one to pick up...the standard, slightly extended or extended? Which one is everyone using, how do you like it so far and why?

I'm planning on adding a "switchview" lever and using it for 3-gun.

I just purchased a Vortex Razor HD Gen2 1-6x24 and I'm looking at picking up a Bobro mount. However, I'm not sure which one to pick up...the standard, slightly extended or extended? Which one is everyone using, how do you like it so far and why?

I'm planning on adding a "switchview" lever and using it for 3-gun.

I use american defense, and have used the recon (2 inch) and x-recon (3 inch) I strongly prefer the x-recon. Hope that helps.

I have a pst on a bobro extended, works great and it's a piece of art!

I have SS 1-6x24 & BOBRO slightly extended. There is room for rear buis behind it, on my lr-308. Mechanism works awesome. Will go BOBRO again when I need another.

I have SS 1-6x24 & BOBRO slightly extended.

Same set up. I like it alot. The slightly extended is the way to go for a 1-6x or similar. The locking mechanism locks up tight with no play and there is a safety on the release lever to protect against accidental release. The new ones now all have the ring screws on the top which solved about the only gripe I have heard about the Bobro mounts. 8541 Tactical did a video review of the RTZ on the Bobro mount.
BOBRO / SWFA Precision Optic 30mm Mount Review Test (Low Slightly Forward) - YouTube

I have mine in a Larue 112 and as you can see it is mounted past where a standard receiver would end. The POF has a full rail so it's not a big deal but on a standard receiver I would get an extended mount as the Vortex has a good amount of eye relief.

And you will really like the scope for 3 gun. I used it for the first time this past week at the Bushmaster Tarheel 3 gun match in NC and loved the scope. Great for both close and far steel and paper.

photo29_zpse6fbf5a9.jpg

Last edited:
Have a razor 1-6 mounted on a Bobro slightly extended on a Sig 516. It's a good fit. The razor has a large eyepiece and power ring. Don't think the extra extended would work on the razor, the power ring wouldn't clear the rear of the mount.