• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone running the Griffin PSR cans?

charnicus

👻👻👻
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2018
Mos Eisley
Been looking at OTB suppressors to run a 14.5 second barrel setup in a specwar upper.

To my knowledge it’s PSR 5/7, Otter Creek, or AE. The Griffin line has a bit more tech to it and interests me a bit more. The AEM30k should be around before too long.

Any experiences with the PSR line? Also interested in other recommendations. The goal of course is having not having a bunch of length between handguard and suppressor.

Theres also the AB raptor line, which are modular which is kind of cool but not as hard use as the other options. I asked otter creek if they thought an ops inc/allen pattern hub mount would be feasible and they said they have one in the works. If it actually boosts performance it could open up a ton of options, especially for larger calibers since the 30 cal allen cans are so heavy. The one piece muzzle devices sure are convenient but I cant imagine them being as solid as the collar on the barrel, as annoying as it is to get set up right.

You’re praying for muzzle thread concentricity with one piece mounts. On the tighter bore cans (AE, Ops Inc) that can lead to a baffle strike or end cap graze.

Theres also the AB raptor line, which are modular which is kind of cool but not as hard use as the other options. I asked otter creek if they thought an ops inc/allen pattern hub mount would be feasible and they said they have one in the works. If it actually boosts performance it could open up a ton of options, especially for larger calibers since the 30 cal allen cans are so heavy. The one piece muzzle devices sure are convenient but I cant imagine them being as solid as the collar on the barrel, as annoying as it is to get set up right.
How would a hub mount work in this application?

How would a hub mount work in this application?
like any supressor hub mount, only it would be a complete reflex section with the allen brake threads and seats back on the barrel collar. Basically turn any hub mount can into an aem5 style reflex. I have no info other than they want to try and make one though so grain of salt 😅

like any supressor hub mount, only it would be a complete reflex section with the allen brake threads and seats back on the barrel collar. Basically turn any hub mount can into an aem5 style reflex. I have no info other than they want to try and make one though so grain of salt 😅
Interesting. I guess I don’t really see the benefit of changing what already exists.