• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Anyone see Captain America yet?

Re: Anyone see Captain America yet?

Personally, I think it looks horrible. I might catch it on DVD someday but I'm in no rush...

Edit: it's getting somewhat good reviews so I might sneak off and catch it.

Just watched it tonight. It was pretty good. Beat out Thor and had another good sneak peak at the end of the credits. I would go see it again.

B4

I did not like it , I grew up reading CA comix and this movie is not even close to the "real" CA I knew , just saying ...

PP out

I saw it in 3D. It's not worth paying the extra money. It was a good movie but long

Saw it yesterday. Agreed it was a good movie but don't pay extra for the 3D. There were more 3D effects in the trailer than there was in the movie.

Transformers was good all the way through. And the 3D effects were much better and more of them.

I doubt I would pay for 3D in the upcoming films.

Cut

Thought it sucked .....
Kinda brought back the A-Team ,RAMBO & NORRIS type movie setting....no super powers , be outnumbered 100/1 & still kick ass , run thru machine gun fire and not get a scratch , cheesy ending

Nope ...won't see the sequel here

Saw it yesterday. Very solid flick. I liked Ironman better but in part because I thought Downey was perfect. Capt America had a tremendous villain. Hugo Weaving, as usual, was excellent. I saw 3D and it was fine but I always feel like I'm working to watch it. Either way it was worth the money.

I've never read any comic books but decided to go to the 3D movie with some die hard comic readers this past weekend. I thought it was a pretty good movie for not having any background. The end result had me asking alot of questions....

Saw it today. I liked the WW II era theme but did not like how it ended (won't ruin it for those yet to see it). No where near as good as Iron Man. Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter character) kept my eyes on the screen
grin.gif

esq-hayley-atwell-REELZ-1.jpg

I finally saw it. Really liked it. Yeah, the ending wasn't the greatest, but I'm sure they're ramping up all these superhero movies in prep for the upcoming Avengers movie.

btw, saw it in 2D. I @#*($&^ hate movies in 3D.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw it today. I liked the WW II era theme but did not like how it ended (won't ruin it for those yet to see it). No where near as good as Iron Man. Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter character) kept my eyes on the screen
grin.gif

esq-hayley-atwell-REELZ-1.jpg
</div></div>

When I saw it all the soccer moms were clapping/whistling at Captain America when he goes from skinny to big strong dude.

Saw it tonight with my wife. She likes the super hero movies, I don't. I thought it was ok but I'm not into the whole fictional character thing anyway. Like a cross between raiders of the lost arc and iron man.

Yes I saw it. Surprised me. More than I thought it would be. VERY good movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iron Man </div></div>

Well, out of all the "comic book" movies that have been made Iron Man was the absolute best so...

Ironman was good, but the sequel sucked imo. Capt. America I saw in 2D and judging by what I saw, I'd guess 3D would be a waste. The movie worked for me. Hard to tell when it is based off a comic, but this one I liked. Who doesn't like bashing Nazi's? I haven't had that much fun since Inglorious Bastards.

I liked it. Instead of renting it 2-3 times (which I'll probably do), I'll probably buy the DVD when it comes out

It was okay,

I sort of think they went in the wrong direction with Capt America. They moved away from the Iron Man model an it shows. It was a bit too Saturday Morning Serial for me... but overall it was okay.

It reminded me of a DC Comic Movie more than a recent Marvel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was okay,

I sort of think they went in the wrong direction with Capt America. They moved away from the Iron Man model an it shows. It was a bit too Saturday Morning Serial for me... but overall it was okay. </div></div>

I agree. It had an "off" feel to it. I just couldn't get into it. The ending SUCKED HARD!

See, I thought it was pretty good. Much better than the Spiderman series. My fav super hero movie - tied maybe with Iron Man 1.