• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone shoot AAC 6.5cm ammo?

theHerder

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2021
AK
Have seen reviews on AAC ammo (some good, some not) but none on their 6.5CM ammo. Seems to be a decent price if it shoots. My LaRue loves the Hornady 120-140gr factory ammo. Anyone shot the AAC 6.5 cm ammo, either the "Sabre" or the SMK's?

Thanks!

New here but I have a POF Prescott I have been waiting to put some more rounds through before posting a review.

I had some good groups with their 6.5 but I will say the Sabre black tip line was the worst of the bunch for me but still very acceptable for “defensive” ammo.

I have shot their 140 BTHP:

IMG_1516.jpeg

140 Sabre Black tip
IMG_1514.jpeg

140 SMK
IMG_1513.jpeg

Last edited:
New here but I have a POF Prescott I have been waiting to put some more rounds through before posting a review.

I had some good groups with their 6.5 but I will say the Sabre black tip line was the worst of the bunch for me but still very acceptable for “defensive” ammo.

I have shot their 140 BTHP:

View attachment 8258852

140 Sabre Black tip
View attachment 8258853

140 SMK
View attachment 8258854
Man that Prescott looks like it shoots pretty well. I've been thinking about getting one myself. Are you having any issues with it? Does it beat up brass like most Creedmoor ARs?

So
Man that Prescott looks like it shoots pretty well. I've been thinking about getting one myself. Are you having any issues with it? Does it beat up brass like most Creedmoor ARs?
Yeah, for the money I’m impressed with the precision. I’ve only shot it suppressed and immediately added a superlative agb but still getting some beat up brass. My suppressor is an Enticer-L so it adds a good amount of back pressure. I’m planning on playing with the buffer weight a bit as well just haven’t had time yet. I never shot it stock so unsure what it would do out of the box but given it’s a rifle length 20inch barrel I’d say it’s prolly similar to other traditional 6.5 gassers.

I’ll have a full write up on it once I get to the ~400-500 round range I’m only around the 150 rounds in so far.

Did it not come with the Dictator AGB? Also is the gas tube length Rifle, not +1 or +2?

I had a 6mm Creedmoor +1 and it seemed like it was extracting too early, bending the rims.

mine did not, I don’t believe the rogue or prescott come with agbs. It is rifle length wish it was +1 but unfortunately not. I was just gonna cut it down to 18 but it shoots so well and the flutes are likley too deep to make that work.

Any updates on this? Only accuracy report seems they aren't great for precision. Anyone else have opposite experience? I bought 50 boxes to try. For the price there's not much else that comes close. If they don't work great for long range precision I'll use them in my MDRx for hogs and coyotes.

How did the Sabre shoot? Tempted to buy some smk as well but maybe should just see how the Sabre shoots first

How did the Sabre shoot? Tempted to buy some smk as well but maybe should just see how the Sabre shoots first
The Sabre shoots well. I mostly shoot steel out to 600yds at my local range. I haven't measured the groups from the Sabre, but 1 MOA steel targets are easy to hit. I only shot the SMK stuff at the electronic target because someone else at the range had one and invited me to play because he was interested in how the AAC stuff grouped. You absolutely cannot go wrong for the price. To shoot better, you'd need to work up a load and do a lot of handloading. For my purpose, it's as good as it gets for the money.

I should add that I've shot a bunch of the .308 stuff as well and I'm equally impressed. I haven't reloaded the cases or measured water capacity yet, but the empty case weights are very consistent. I'd bet the cases are equal in quality to something like Starline, which I like.