• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone shooting a 22-250AI??

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
I am torn as to what my next build will be. I just bought my first custom action and i cant decide what to build. I already have a 6.5 and a 6mm with custom barrels on trued out rem 700's. So i am thinking a 22 cal will be the deal, just dont know what one!! I would like to shoot 75gr A-Max and 60 gr v-max. any thoughts on this?? Lee

Re: Anyone shooting a 22-250AI??

I can echo your feelings exactly. I decided to go with a AICS .223 build,Stiller action, since the mags will be available. I'm assembling some ammo now and just picked up some Federal GMM 69gr Serra Match King BTHP.Cheers

I am wanting to build a 1-8 twist 223 Improved with a sporter barrel bad. Maybe a 22BR also. Then a 260. The list goes on and on.

I have a 8 twist 22-250ai and love it I am currently shooting 75gr amax and am about to try the 80gr berger vld's. i also have a 223ai that I shoot the same bullets but you gain about 400fps advantage with the 22-250ai over the 223ai

Why is the 22BR more accurate than a 22-250AI? I really want to have a 22-250AI but everyone is telling me to go with the 22BR. I am not opposed to it, i just like the AI cases better. I bought my barrel today. I found a Krieger #18 LV 8 twist .224 That part is done. Now i need to decide what to chamber. Does anyone here have a 22-250AI that shoots lights out? I really want to shoot the 75gr Hornady bullets and my smith is going to throat the barrel for them. I am sorry for this kind of question. I am still fairly new to rifles as i have spent my adult life winning sporting clay tournament. This rifle stuff is a ton of fun, and i havent picked my shotgun up in over a year. I am just looking for some advise. Thanks Lee

If you are looking for a hot rod 22cal look at a TTH or 22-6mm which ever you wish to call it. They drive tacks and love 75's. I shoot one with 75 VLD's that's a death ray.

Stay away from the 22-6mm unless you like guns that are that hard on barrels. If you're insistant on benchrest accuracy you might consider the 22Dasher. 22BR accuracy with 22-250AI speeds. As far as I know dies are a pain the ass for it. I'll admit that the BR cases are inherently accurate, but a quality built gun from a competent smith should out perform you. However, I've got a 22-243AI on a stiller that shoots better than my 6br on a 700. So not everthing holds true.