• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone shooting a 22x47L??

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
I am going to build a hunting rifle that will mainly be used for coyotes here in the winter. I asked about a 6x47L in another post but i think i will just stay with my 243Ai. It shoots pretty darn good. It just weights a ton!! Anyway the 22x47L looks pretty good except the lack of available reloading dies. Would it be worth messing with compared to a 22-250AI? This is what i am thinking about now??? Any thoughts? The 47L is supposed to be really accurate, but would it be any more accurate than a 22-250AI?? Decisions decision. Hey making the decisions is half the fun i think!! Thanks Lee

Re: Anyone shooting a 22x47L??

I dont have the right bolt for a 223. I would like to have a 223AI some time though. I have a good friend that happens to be filthy rich. He has a tikka t3 in 223 that he cant get to shoot very well. I even loaded up some loads and i couldnt get it to group under an inch and a half. He said that he is going to give the rifle to me the next time i see him. I will have it rebarreled for a 223AI. I wish he didnt live so far away!! LOL!! He is my Canada fishing buddy. anyone else with some words of wisdom?? Lee

There's a member on longrangehunting.com named eddybo, that has one. I think he's a member on here as well.

If you think you need a wildcat just go with a 22-250imp. They are a great round and are very, very accurate. I killed seveal coyotes at 500+ yds with one. I decided on the 243imp for the next build an it was even better yet. Both the 22-250 and the 243imp are very accurate and will kill out to 600+yds.

I finally figured out that the stock 243 will do just as good a job an is less hassel. SOoooo... thats what I use now or my 260 with a 95grVMAX.

Thanks for your ideas and thoughts. I have a 243AI and it is an awesome chambering. My rifle weighs about 14 pounds or i would just use that. I am just looking for something different. Not the every day offering at wal-mart. However Howa is selling barreled actions in a heavy barrel 22-250 243 and 223 that is pretty tempting!! Thanks Guys!! Lee

I have 2.5 22x47Ls.....love them. My wife took mine that was built on a stiller in a robertson composits stock. So I built a switch barrel from an old BR rifle I had laying around. One barrel is a 7.5 twist and the other is a 14. This is going on my PD trip in a couple weeks.

( I say built....I did not have time to get the gun ready and load enough rounds because of my vacation so I had Don Geraci chamber up my barrels)

I have 2.5 22x47Ls.....love them. My wife took mine that was built on a stiller in a robertson composits stock. So I built a switch barrel from an old BR rifle I had laying around. One barrel is a 7.5 twist and the other is a 14. This is going on my PD trip in a couple weeks.

( I say built....I did not have time to get the gun ready and load enough rounds because of my vacation so I had Don Geraci chamber up my barrels)
Are you just using FL bushing dies to neck down the brass?