• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone shooting a Savage 116 in .260?

6mech

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
For my newest favorite hunting rifle I am shooting a Savage 116 in .260. It has a 22" stainless (not heavy) barrel,with a 1:8" twist, Accu-stock and trigger. So far, it shoots 130gr Accubonds and 127gr Barnes LRX's amazingly well over H4350 and Fed 210M's in win 7-08 and rem .260 brass. I've only tested them out to 300yds so far but they are holding just over half MOA. My question is, has anyone here shot the 142gr SMK's out of the same rifle? if so, what was your experience (details please) with them? I would like to know if anyone else has had luck with them in the same or maybe a similar rifle.
Thanks,
6mech

Im currious bout this to looking at getting either a factory replacement barrel or just order a mdl 10 or 16 for my wife, or a creed.

I have a 116 in 6.5 Creedmoor but have yet to find what combination it likes. Plan to do more testing as weather warms. I do have a 111 in 260 and it's a tack driver with 125 gr Nosler partitions and 45gr of H414. Amazing for an ultra lite barrel. 3/8 group at 100 yards.