• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone shooting Savage Model 12 6mm br

Utah Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
SL UT
Just tossing around the idea of getting one of these rifles or one like it. I am hoping to be able to shoot it at 600 yards or closer. Possibly get into an F-Class match as well.

Re: Anyone shooting Savage Model 12 6mm br

I had one and it was probably the most accurate rifle I've ever had and I've had one of everything you can imagine. I hated the feel of the Savage and it being a single shot, but I shot a lot of groups in the 0's and 1's with it and 107 match kings.

I just picked up a Savage model 12 f-class in 6 br. I had it made into a swith barrel so I can switch it back and forth between 6br and .284 winchester. The 6 br barrel is the Savage factory barrel and the .284 is a Krieger. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but hope to get out this weekend. If I do, I'll post results.

I had one, really liked it. I was able to instantly start competing at my local club with it, 600 yard and 1000 yard matches. Out of the box very accurate. Easy to handload for. I started building something different, more custom, and decided I couldn't run two rifles so I sold it. I think it's a great rifle for anyone to start with, and solid platform to build on.

Good luck, DV.