• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone standardize all their AR's

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Ok, I have a DDM4 V7, a LMT and just got a KAC Sr15 Mod 2. Question is does anyone standardize their AR's meaning just have multiple rifles that are all the same? I'm thinking of going all KAC SR15's. I know lots of parts are inter changeable but was thinking of making sure everything was that way. I love my AR's but mainly shoot my bolt guns. Thoughts?

No. Otherwise what is the purpose of having multiples? I've got setups for different purposes, sure some share some of the same or similar components, but no two are alike.

Kind of.

My long range rifle and match AR both have the same barrel, same A2 stock, same adjustable butt stock, same trigger, same bolt carrer, and same basic knurled handguard. They both feel similar and shoot the same load, but one has iron sights and one wears a scope.

My carbine match rifles both use the same length barrel, both use ACE stocks, both use the same Nordic Comp handguard, both have similar triggers, and both have 1-4X scopes. They both feel similar, but one is a dedicated 22lr and one is a .223.

My "tactical" match rifle is completely unlike the others and is more geared towards getting beat around.

they are tools for different jobs, why have a few of the same thing, would you but 4 fleshlights all the same?

Well I do have 4 flashlights all the same, uh oh

but then again there are 4 of us in the family

The only issue with interoperability with the KAC and DD is the bolt. Other then that, use parts for the specific goal you're going for.

Same manual of arms, not hard to adapt.

I set mine up with similar equipment so that they feel as close to each other as they can when shooting. That is purely for an ergonomic similarity. All different brands. All different calibers. All different barrel lengths. But you can grab any of my AR's and they "feel" the same.

Some are very similar but no two are the exact same. For the most part, they share the same grip, stock, and handguard. Barrels, triggers, and optics are all different. I have no use for two identical AR's.

This is the ultimate standardized battle ready AR. And I thought a Jeep was bad.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 9
  • th-1.jpg
    th-1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for saving me some leather sofa time, I thought I was the only crazy one thinking about standardization. I too have four flashlights, all the same bulbs and 123 batteries.

Until my OBR arrives, all ARs are the same manufacturer. All scopes are USO, all ACOGs are made by, well you know. Same goes for my handguns. Only one wife though, she is not standard, full blooded Cajun girl.