• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Anyone Take the Sig Bullets/Bandages

@SporterII Im signed up for it this year....I think June?

Ive been to other Sig classes.

You can go there naked and they will supply you with every piece of gear you need - you will only pay for expendables and the underwear/clothes.

Im assuming in this class all the first aid gear needed will be from their training supplies. Im not intending/expecting to burn through my $100+ IFAKs.

You can bring your own rifle, pistol, canvas gear or you can have them supply you. The Pro Shop is well stocked if you need anything last minute but you want to buy post class and use your student discount. Thinking of buying a Sig firearm classes are a good way to try before you buy.

They will supply you ammo if you dont bring your own. Class in October students were "over buying" and bringing ammo home because a. it was available and b. the price was reasonable for the current market.

I dont expect a lot of shooting in this class. Probably will be some move and fire related to casualty recovery.

I wouldnt worry too much about the physical aspects - they only expect you to exert as to your level of fitness - if you dont think you can do a drill, dont do it...you will not get shit on....safety matters. Some classes being physically able to perform matters but in this case I think the bigger benefit is going to be the first aid techniques - frail 90 year olds could take it and benefit (IM hoping).

Is it world beating training - probably not - but the instructors put in effort and they follow a standard doctrine so you wont be getting some Homers BS about how he personally thinks you should do it based off his two year Guard experience.

Edit/Add - I see you are in Florida and assume you may be considering the Florida class in January.

My Sig experience is based on classes taken at their fully supported NH campus. Id expect they will support students as much as possible in FL but they may not have as much gear on hand. Ive seen peeps come to NH with nothing but clothes on and be fully supplied with gear that allows them to succeed.

The class ammo count is 200 rounds both rifle/pistol. You could shoot that if you want the trigger time but my experience is that you will shoot less of each. Im guessing 100-125 rifle and you might only do 50 pistol.

You are a young man according to profile - dont sweat the physical requirements - go there for the med knowledge not the commando high speed shooting drills.

Last edited:
I appreciate your reply. Very helpful and positive. It’s a big investment for me.

Yep $750 is a big nut.

Ive got enough of their classes now that I concentrate on the 1 day classes and sign up only when I have a student discount code.

I think the first aid aspect of this one is the draw for me, the shooting is going to be a far second.

Everyone is high speed on their weapons drills but who takes first aid?

Which do you realistically think you will need to use in every day life?

After action please as you will take before me...

Any experience with their 1 day "Basic Trauma Management" being in held in FL too here after the new year?

Any experience with their 1 day "Basic Trauma Management" being in held in FL too here after the new year?

Id think

Stop the Bleeding
Start the Breathing
Protect the Wound
Treat for Shock

with a mag change drill thrown in if there are weapons.

You forgot 1a...after stop bleeding

You should be yelling and calling 911

the more hands the better