• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone tried Burris quad scope on Sako quad rifle?

ThrottleJ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2008
SW Oregon
Has anyone tried the Burris quad scope for Sako quad? It has four separate zero settings for the adjustment knobs. I searched but could not find any mention of it here. I'm not sure if that would be practical or if it is a gimmick. I might be better off just using a standard scope and recording the adjustments to zero for each caliber.

Re: Anyone tried Burris quad scope on Sako quad rifle?

I heard that they were not that good of a scope so went with a Leupold.

Pat

That's what I'm afraid of. I found a couple reviews online that said adjustments were not repeatable. Now to find a scope and mount combo that is resonably low but still allows the barrels to come off.

I went with a DIP picatinney rail and NightForce ultra-light rings so I can wwap barrels and re-intsall the scope, sight it in and of we go.

Pat

Does that setup hold zero when scope is remounted? Can you dial in known adjustments for each caliber or do you need to rezero the gun each time barrels are swapped?

It is close enough to reset zero in one or two shots. The hardest part is remembering your log book with the different zeros for different barrels
laugh.gif

I set the base zero off a Mike Rock 22LR barrel as I shoot it the most.

Pat