• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone tried new production Win LRP?

oldnewguy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2021
TX
Found a bunch for a for a very reasonable price yesterday. Just wondering if anyone has tried the newer production primers, not the blue box.

Yes, they are just fine . I have only used about 3k so far but do not see any issues .

I have shot LRP for some time in my RPR. Compared to CCI 200, all other factors equal, the difference between the two, group wise size, has to be measured with a very good micrometer. Accuracy, as mentioned, velocity and SD’s very close. Don’t think you can go wrong with the LRP’s.

A bit off of the point, used Win SRP’s for years in my super critical heavy bullet load in the .221 Fireball. All of my fingers toes, eyes, knees, and leg muscles are still intact. That says a lot about Winchester Primers consistency and quality. Shooting Creedmoor position with the handgun in my right hand and using my right leg for stability.

Shooting Creedmoor in my younger and somewhat heavier days. This was before we took control of this range and rebuilt it. Then, the lease was lost and it has grown back to weeds. While only a 200 yard range, it was five miles from our home, not close to anything.

3E3E5491-84D5-4803-A3C1-5138276DFC7B.jpeg

That same line, looking in the same direction after we started the rebuild.

B42AB8CE-5271-4E5E-9EA8-8E2BB84E480F.jpeg