• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Anyone tried the newest Leupold lto hd tracker?

Newtoit

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2018
As the title says anyone with experience with the newest hd Leupold tracker. How does it compare to the original lto. Is it worth using as a spotter. Battery life?

I am not a fan. I think they both fail to do their job they were designed to do. I used v1 about 20 minutes b4 I called it a piece of shit and boxed it back up, and carried it back to the store (which was kind enough to let me carry it out to test along side other units I own.)
I looked at v2 in the store and chose to leave it there. It's shortcomings were obvious inside the store.
It might work for you from zero to 25 yards, and in perfect conditions maybe 50. No clue on battery life.
Absolute best of luck to you.

I have a hunting club, and a couple of members asked my opinion. I looked at them because they asked. And will not look at them again.

Good to know. What's the best option for small, lightweight thermal spotter

I'd look hard at the flir breach. There is a thread on here. Worth reading.

Around 16oz Looking at the flir pts233 to buy for scope. That being said I want a hand held for spotting. Not wanting to spend over 3500 for both. I know it seems like I'm asking a lot but I am not made of money.

I hear you. It’s like anything else though, you get what you pay for. I had the LTO tracker and then found a smoking deal on a FLIR Scout 320. Both seemed great at home but quickly left me underwhelmed after some use in the field.

I picked up a pulsar quantum xq30v and it’s a huge step up over those two and also prob the minimum I’d recommend someone try. I use it to detect animals while scouting and then use my thermal scope to ID.

Others with more experience may chime in as I’m pretty new to thermal but I realized very quickly to buy as much as you can afford and save up if you can’t afford something decent.

I couldn't recommend any of the flir scout models. Every one of my people wanted more, and the leupold is definitely less.

Have had good luck with some pulsar stuff, but, don't own any anymore, as I upgraded.

Still would recommend the breach as an option with the 233 as gun mounted, if there is any way u can swing the $.

I’ve been running the Pulsar HD38A for a few years. It’s been rock solid and takes more abuse than any other piece of gear I have in the field. I think a used HD19 was for sale on here for around $1300-1400.