• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone try a cadex strike 30 chassis?

long range newbie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2013
Oregon
it looks like a sturdy, reliable and accurate chassis. It also looks good yet it costs 2200 rather than the 2550 for the ashbury (I know theres weight difference) and it looks like you get a better deal. Please show pics if you got one

The Cadex has one major drawback, aside from the price, the recoil lug area is small, nothing but a stock Remington lug fits. Next to no aftermarket lug will work.

You don't have to spend $2550 on an Ashbury, they have lower cost models that all can become the most expensive model. The Ashbury is much more versatile and accommodating. You can begin with the base chassis around $1000 and add as you see fit.

The Cadex is comfortable, well made, but if you have a nice barreled action chances are it won't work, and why drop a $700 stock Remington in a $2k chassis? You're better off using it for a ground up build, so you can match the best parts to fit.

Thanks for the info, now that makes me want the ashbury more :) and I've shot one, they are beautiful and comfortable(also shoot well). Anyway thanks

it looks like a sturdy, reliable and accurate chassis. It also looks good yet it costs 2200 rather than the 2550 for the ashbury (I know theres weight difference) and it looks like you get a better deal. Please show pics if you got one

The Cadex is interesting but pretty schmancy and there are a bunch of chassis that do the same exact thing.

If you want light weight then perhaps look at this.
Products

If you want something proven and solid then look into a Manners T4, or I recommend an AICS AX which folds. Sorry but that kind of cash for a chassis seems silly. Perhaps people like the Call of Duty looks.

All of them an upgrade to an HS precision. I think the best point made was why put a R700 action in a $2500 chassis. But it's your money.

Seems like before I spent that much money on a chassis I'd think long and hard about a purpose built military style setup like an AI, TRG or DTA. But, that's just me.

its the most expensive option of the chassis thats 2550, but you have to shoot one to know. Also I'm just thinking of these chassis and there is rem 700s that are guaranteed to shoot 1/4moa rather than most custom rifles that don't guarantee that. I just want to know more.

its the most expensive option of the chassis thats 2550, but you have to shoot one to know. Also I'm just thinking of these chassis and there is rem 700s that are guaranteed to shoot 1/4moa rather than most custom rifles that don't guarantee that. I just want to know more.

If that's what you want (and you don't have to do anything illegal immoral or stupid to get it) you need no other justification.

But I'm wondering....What do this thing really do that an XLR chassis ($850) or any number of other chassis under $1K do not do?

I'm still searching around on chassis market and my top ones are mcree, mirage ulr, ashbury and xlr. I like their carbon chassis, I wish I could hold one.

I'm still searching around on chassis market and my top ones are mcree, mirage ulr, ashbury and xlr. I like their carbon chassis, I wish I could hold one.

I absolutely love my XLR for my 6.5CM. So much so, I've got another one on order for my 338Norma build. Super adjustable, and fits me perfectly.

I have a Cadex and love it. Is it worth the premium they charge, probably not. nearly all the chassis systems offer the same adjustability. is a right folding buttock worth an extra grand.... not so much

Last edited:

Perhaps I'm reading this incorrectly. But but the R700 is not guaranteed to shoot 1/4, I have never seen any such guarantee from Remington. Only the most high end guns have any such guarantee and even then you would only see a 1/2 guarantee.

1/4 Moa is much more of a magical term and condition once you really do the math. Example I have printed tons of 1/4 three round groups with my custom rifles but when you average the spread over a five round group over X amount of times shooting it works out to 1/2 or higher. Average divination across angular spread.

So once again, and if I read your statement correctly Remingtons are not guaranteed for 1/4moa, almost no rifle is.

One note with these chassis, I have 2 Cadex, and 2 Ashbury, as well as a host of AICS, etc.

You can't overstate the benefits of the increased adjustability of these systems. Most rifle stocks are designed around the basics, one size fits all, if you're lucky you have an adjustable cheek piece and you specified your LOP. Otherwise, you're just adapting you to what they provided for you. In the long run this can create discomfort and fatigue. With a chassis you have flexibility, your comfort level lasts a lot longer allowing you to remain on task further into your shooting.

The adjustments with these chassis are excellent. As well most drop right in and can even help accuracy by only contacting the action where it is needed, with no random side effects due to molding issues. One other note, while there are a lot of great chassis' out there, I don't believe they are all created equal, and yes people have all kinds of success with even the worst of the bunch, the better ones are easy to see when you put them side by side. Especially with long term, hard use. They don't wobble, rattle or come loose when you are talking the better ones. The others will generally fall off over time. That is what you are paying for.

Echo'ing above, there is no off the shelf 1/4 MOA Remington. Custom Remingtons, yes, but as noted, odds are it won't work in a Cadex.

Perhaps I'm reading this incorrectly. But but the R700 is not guaranteed to shoot 1/4, I have never seen any such guarantee from Remington. Only the most high end guns have any such guarantee and even then you would only see a 1/2 guarantee.

1/4 Moa is much more of a magical term and condition once you really do the math. Example I have printed tons of 1/4 three round groups with my custom rifles but when you average the spread over a five round group over X amount of times shooting it works out to 1/2 or higher. Average divination across angular spread.

So once again, and if I read your statement correctly Remingtons are not guaranteed for 1/4moa, almost no rifle is.

One note with these chassis, I have 2 Cadex, and 2 Ashbury, as well as a host of AICS, etc.

You can't overstate the benefits of the increased adjustability of these systems. Most rifle stocks are designed around the basics, one size fits all, if you're lucky you have an adjustable cheek piece and you specified your LOP. Otherwise, you're just adapting you to what they provided for you. In the long run this can create discomfort and fatigue. With a chassis you have flexibility, your comfort level lasts a lot longer allowing you to remain on task further into your shooting.

The adjustments with these chassis are excellent. As well most drop right in and can even help accuracy by only contacting the action where it is needed, with no random side effects due to molding issues. One other note, while there are a lot of great chassis' out there, I don't believe they are all created equal, and yes people have all kinds of success with even the worst of the bunch, the better ones are easy to see when you put them side by side. Especially with long term, hard use. They don't wobble, rattle or come loose when you are talking the better ones. The others will generally fall off over time. That is what you are paying for.

Echo'ing above, there is no off the shelf 1/4 MOA Remington. Custom Remingtons, yes, but as noted, odds are it won't work in a Cadex.

I'm sorry I meant with rem 700 actions not the factory rifles, there is no remington rifles from factory that shoot 1/4 moa, I'm talking about tac ops and sts.

I'm sorry I meant with rem 700 actions not the factory rifles, there is no remington rifles from factory that shoot 1/4 moa, I'm talking about tac ops and sts.
my rifle was built by STS.... it did not shoot 1/4 MOA. read the thread about before you invest any time and money based off that and other claims

I didn't even want a rifle from them and they guaranteed 1/4moa tho? I would get tac ops just because he is very well known, and known to shoot smaller than .1 with FACTORY ammo

How do ya'll likes chassis in super cold or hot weather? Where I live it hits the 90's in the summer (not to bad) and sub zeros in the winter, and that is the only thing that has kept me from purchasing a bad ass aluminum chassis system. I'd sure hate to have an idiot moment and grab an aluminum chassis at -20 degrees with no gloves on!

There might not be anyone on this forum with as much experience with various chassis as you. Would you mind sharing which ones you think are great and which, let's be diplomatic, are not the best?

I didn't even want a rifle from them and they guaranteed 1/4moa tho? I would get tac ops just because he is very well known, and known to shoot smaller than .1 with FACTORY ammo

And I'm sure Mike isn't using a factory lug, so it won't fit in a Cadex. I would ask Mike if he would keep his accuracy guarantee if you took a rifle out of the stock he bedded for it and dropped it in a chassis. I doubt he would. If you are going to get a Tac Ops rifle you would be best off leaving it alone.

I would never put a chassis on a tac ops rifle, tac ops rifles are known for their looks, rigidity, and especially accuracy.

Lets try this one as I don't really see it above. What do you want the chassis to do? What are you going to be doing with the rifle? There may be a chance a lot of chassis might not be what you're looking for, and you can run a simple Rock Solid or step it up to a AICS/AX for your purposes. Just throwing it out there...

How do ya'll likes chassis in super cold or hot weather? Where I live it hits the 90's in the summer (not to bad) and sub zeros in the winter, and that is the only thing that has kept me from purchasing a bad ass aluminum chassis system. I'd sure hate to have an idiot moment and grab an aluminum chassis at -20 degrees with no gloves on!

I have a strike 30,

I got some time behind my Cadex this winter, had some pretty cold weather shooting here the last trip out, about -24. Luckily the way it's designed, I didn't really need to manhandle any of the aluminum components to operate the rifle, the stock system has a plastic cover over the skeleton base, so if you're tucking your hand under there you don't really need to worry about any freezing cold metal sticking to your exterior.

So far the only con I have is that it's a heavy beast of a chassis. So shooting without a rest of some sort (at least me being 5"8) its quite a bit of weight to get behind for a 308.

I enjoyed it more than the APO chassis, but I prefer more of a skeleton system, just my personal pref.