• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone try Logitech Revue with Google TV yet?

socalsheepdog

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2010
Socal
Was in Costco today and they have $50 off till tomorrow. Reviews are mixed amongst Cnet and them. Wondering if anyone out there can tell me if it's worth the step cost ($229).

Re: Anyone try Logitech Revue with Google TV yet?

No early adopters out there? Anyone have an opinion on Google TV yet?

I'm still trying to figure out if it offers anything that I don't already have with my other equipment.

I was about to pick one up when i heard that ABC, CBS and NBC blocked Google TV from being able to stream their shows. I think the concept is great, but suspect Google did a poor job with the coordination between other companies.
Additionally, last I checked HULU blocked the Google TV also.

Hopefully these issues will get straightened out soon...

As mentioned, GoogleTV, much like the Boxee box are constantly fighting with content providers, who would rather people resort to piracy than view digital content on their tv (even when ad supported.)

Why? I have no idea. GoogleTV looked really promising when it debuted, but until everyone gets on board it doesn't really do anything that a Roku box doesn't do.