• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone try the Athlon BTR Gen 2 in 1-10

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
Curious to see if anyone has seen or tried a Athlon BTR Gen 2 in the 1-10x28.
Im looking for one to ise on a SPR (Ar15).

Any info and experiences would be great!

There isn't much feedback on the 1-10x, but there have been some reviews on the Helos 2-12x. Overall impressions seem to be: nice reticle, good build quality, and decent glass for the price range. I would personally prefer the Helos 2-12x for an SPR since it's FFP, versus the SFP Helos 1-10x.

Drew,
I looked at the 2-12…. Really liked the 24 objective as opposed to the 42. Was trying to keep it smaller. Originally looked at Vortex 1-6.
I ordered the Helos 1-10x24. I will give a review of it once in.

-M.

^ I saw that. I think mine that has shipped is the HELOS version.

Its the Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 1-10x28

I have the 2-12x and a buddy has the 1-10x. As much as I love LPVO's the 1x is not usable like a red dot so you might as well get a little more magnification with the 2-12x.

Reactions: drewthebrave
Scope came in today. Its a MONSTER!

i thought it was a 30mm tube. Should have paid more attention to that…. Have a 34mm mount on the way now.

Glass is super clear and the illumination is nice.
I will run it through the paces when thr MK12 upper gets here and thr mount. I will report back.

Scope came in today. Its a MONSTER!

i thought it was a 30mm tube. Should have paid more attention to that…. Have a 34mm mount on the way now.

Glass is super clear and the illumination is nice.
I will run it through the paces when thr MK12 upper gets here and thr mount. I will report back.
I'll be interested in how bright the illumination is when looking at a lighter color background like sand, tan steel-sided buildings, and white sided buildings. Does it wash out like the Bushnell 1-8.5x and others in that realm or is it closer to red-dot bright like the Vortex is? Thanks.

I will try to get some photos when at the range. I used it off a white wall and the illumination is BRIGHT.

it goes from 0-6. And 6 is SUPER bright.

Feel of the scope and turrets is really really beefy. It actually suprised me when i opened the box.

Reactions: BytorJr
I will try to get some photos when at the range. I used it off a white wall and the illumination is BRIGHT.

it goes from 0-6. And 6 is SUPER bright.

Feel of the scope and turrets is really really beefy. It actually suprised me when i opened the box.
So, is the scope usable at 1x with illumination in real life?