• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone use a delta stryker

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
I won a cert at my last match and curious if anyone has any opinions on the delta Stryker 4.5-30x56? Any opinions is appreciated

There was another thread that I posted in a fair bit about the Stryker, I did a review of one on another forum which I'm not sure I linked in the other thread, if not here it is: https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.nz/f15/delta-stryker-4-5-30x56-review-64886/
I ended up buying a Styker myself after that review, I pointed out that I wasn't thrilled with the reticle layout of the LRD-1T reticle and wished it had a wider FOV. After a few years of use that is still my opinion.

I have used the scope in some seriously wet and muddy conditions and it has never missed a beat, I still love the toolless reset turrets (use the feature pretty frequently) and the fit and finish has held up well.
I have grown used to the reticle and for the most part it has never held me back but it still bugs me somewhat.
The FOV on the scope is really not bad at all, it's kind of unfair that I complain about it as it;s on par with most other scopes out there, it just happens to be that I got used to the exceptionally wide FOV on the Vortex PST Gen 2s I was using before the Styker (and still use).

Over all the scope is very good IMO, it has become very popular in New Zealand for PRS type events.
The only scope I'd personally choose over it in the price bracket is the Burris XTR3 series of scopes due to the very wide FOV, when/if I do move the scope on it'll be to get an XTR3i or XTR Pro. But with the exchange rate contiuing to tank I think I'll continue to use the Stryker for the forseable future.

Heres the other thread with a bit more info.

I still love the toolless reset turrets (use the feature pretty frequently) and the fit and finish has held up well.
It's great in theory. However, it is a bit of an embuggerance in freezing weather with cold fingers. I really like everything else.

It's basically an Athlon Cronus with a couple of different features. It's a great scope for the price.

Thank you all! Makes me feel a little bit better about it. For the price with the cert im
Sure it will be a killer optic. Just need to decide beteeen thr 4.5-30 or 5-50 I guess. Don’t really need the extra power or weight but still.

Thank you all! Makes me feel a little bit better about it. For the price with the cert im
Sure it will be a killer optic. Just need to decide beteeen thr 4.5-30 or 5-50 I guess. Don’t really need the extra power or weight but still.
The 4.5-30 is FFP whereas the 5-50 is SFP.

For PRS/Field type shooting or hunting the 4.5-30 would be the one to go for.
If you shoot benchrest/F-Class or something like air rifle where super high magnification is important, then go for the 5-50.

The 4.5-30 is FFP whereas the 5-50 is SFP.

For PRS/Field type shooting or hunting the 4.5-30 would be the one to go for.
If you shoot benchrest/F-Class or something like air rifle where super high magnification is important, then go for the 5-50.
Decision made! Didn’t look yet, and didnt realizs That. Thank you

I was between the Stryker and a Leupold VX5HD and i went for the latter with no regrets.