• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone use a Mark 4 1.5x5 MR M2 Illum. Scope?

NRAShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Looking at scoping my 16 inch carbine using a La Rue SPR qd mount. I know the S&B 1.1x4 cqb is probably the best, but its a little out of my budget. Looking at about a sub $1000 scope. Meopta, Trijicon make good scopes in this range, but I can't seem to get my brain to accept the reticle in either scope. NF and US optics are on the other side of my 1000 budget.

So was wondering if anyone has any trigger time behind one of the Mark 4 MR 1.5x5 scopes. Have a 2.5x8 TMR Illum. on my Mark 12 Model 0 and it works pretty darn good. The 1.5x5 looks intriguing. Appreciate anyones input. Yes, I know a Leupold is not a NF or better, but I need a scope for my AR that I can afford and not have to sell the wife's car. Rifle/scope will be a range warrior and not for any serious SHTF applications.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Anyone use a Mark 4 1.5x5 MR M2 Illum. Scope?

I run the MK4 1.5x5 on my Mk12 Mod 1 and I really like it! It's not a NF but it works fine for me. But I'm kinda partial to Leupolds!

I use a 1.5-5x20mm MR/T M2 with illuminated SPR on my MK14s.
It has a 168 gr 7.62mm dial and it works great. I like it.

I have two one on a 18 inch .308 and one on an 18 inch 5.56 spr. I have taken both out to 600 M. The scopes are built well, for what you are looking for below 1k. I liked the Acog when they first came out, but I think variable power is the way to go now. I had an issue with the illumination on one and sent it back to Leupold It was fixed within about two weeks and I have had no issue with it since. I have found that the scopes are a little lacking at distance, I am looking to replace both when the reviews of the SB, PR, Leupold, 1x8's or the NF 2.5x10

|

I like mine I also am having problems with the illumination but just haven't sent it back.