• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Anyone use Clark Fay before?

Marksman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2008
Michigan
I sent him a barrel and action about 6 months ago for what should have been a 30 day turn around. I've been calling for months and haven't been able to get through to anyone. Curious if anyone's heard from him lately? Or maybe if someone has an alternate contact number for him?

I do not know the guy but seems being a Comp Shooter he would be more responsive unless his not legit ? 6 month's is way too long and good luck getting your stuff back!

Clark's legit - no question about that. Clark's got lots of LR HP shooters as customers, and living near Raton, probably gets a ton of people dropping in to visit & talk about projects anytime there's a match going on out at Whittington Center. Also, his wife Trudy is a Palma shooter, and perhaps F-Class too - it's been awhile since I've visited with them at a match. There's a pretty good chance they went up to Lodi, Wisconsin for the Midwest Palma Championships a couple of weeks ago; for all I know, they're still on the road. As busy as he usually is, I'd say getting any job - no matter how simple it appears to someone else - done inside 6 months would be a stretch.

I'm sure he's a stand up guy. But when he quoted me 30-60 days, and I said I'd need it by April to start shooting matches, and he agreed, that gets me a little ticked off. Not to mention the complete lack of communication and returning of phone calls.

Well it's been two weeks after sending a certified letter (and having receipt it was delivered) instructing him to contact me. Never got a phone call, email, or anything else. Guess now I call the his local police department? The local ATF?

Clark is a good guy, he built a barreled action for a shooting buddy of mine, and we visited his shop to pick it up while shooting a comp at Raton. All I can say is give him the benefit of the doubt as his wife may be out on the road competing, and he probably tagging along with her.

Best to leave a message for him at the Whittington Center if you've had no luck with phone and email.

Sounds like you've given him an adequate amount of time to at least return your phone call. I'd be moving on to option two if it were my stuff..