• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Anyone use Hilleberg Akto

Boydo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Washington, IL
Hey guys been really looking into this tent. Really like the easy setup, very light weight for a four season tent. Been reading a lot of reviews and think I might bite the bullet but wanna get some opinions from the hide first. Ive been using a Eureka Zeus for a few years and really like it but this seems like the cats ass. Anybody use this tent?

Re: Anyone use Hilleberg Akto

Hilleberg's are great tents. They are pricey but very well made and wind/snow support is top of the heap. I use a Sierra Designs Covert 2 for my 4 season tent and would highly recommend it but you cannot go wrong with any Hilleberg.

Re: Anyone use Hilleberg Akto

Boydo,

I have no experience with the Akto but I was considering it for a shelter earlier this year. I actually ended up going with a Tarptent Scarp 1 instead. Pretty much the same designs. However, the Scarp is lighter, it's cheaper, and it's a tad roomier, both inside and I believe the vestibules as well. So far I'm very happy with my decision.

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg