• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone use Norma 6.5 Creedmoor ammo?

Brad27

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
Upstate New York
Hi everyone, first post so I apologize if this is the wrong place for this. I’m just getting into long range shooting and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Norma Match 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. My limited research makes it seem like it’s for all intents and purposes an equal (I’ve seen mixed info about whose components they use) to the Prime 6.5 ammo. It looks like it’s also quite a bit cheaper, but the only data on normas website was velocity and bullet weight. Any thoughts are appreciated. If it helps it would be in a 24” Remington 700 varmint contour. Thanks.

Ya that was also me actually. I figured I was in the wrong place. I guess I’ll just have to buy a box and see. Thanks for the reply.

I shot a few boxes of it a couple years ago. Plenty accurate, good speed and good chrono numbers.

I recommend buying a box, as well as some Hornady ELD match, Berger, etc. See what shoots well in your rifle and go from there.

I've used a good bit of their 130 golden target factory ammo. I've never reloaded with that bullet.

It's good ammo. Doesn't feed well through one rifle, but I'm sure that's a rifle or mag issue.

I doubt I'll ever buy any more because of the way they fucked Prime over. I don't think I've ever used Prime ammo, but don't care for eurotrash fucking American companies. If you're not reloading, hornady is good ammo at a good price.