• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone use one?

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
Im getting a Rem 700 SPS Varmint. The stock it comes with is a piece of crap. I want an a5 stock, but Im poor. I got to looking and I found the choate. I read the review of it on here, looks pretty good. I like the blackticoolness of it, and the sling mounts. I guess its pretty good for what you pay.

Does anyone have one? How do you like yours? Is there a modle of it that you can use mags in?

Thanks
Shay

Re: Anyone use one?

I'm poor to... but I'm selling the farm to pay for the A5 I just got! It's worth it! Check JW Precision. John is a great guy and has A5's in stock!... No 6 month wait! I considered the Choate "knock-off" too but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Excellent stock. Worth the wait don't settle. Save save save and get it. Makes a world of difference.

From the start I wanted a really cheap rifle to donate it's action for a future build. The SPSV cost me $360 out the door. I'll admit that the factory SPS stock isnt great but it certainaly will work to start out with. This one came out of the box shooting, crappy stock and all. The thing that bothered me was it would suddenly shift POI on me but still group well. In the mean time I purchsed a Savage 10FP that came with the Choate Tactical A5 and was quite impressed with it, so much that I ordered one for the Remington. The SPSV continued to shoot very well mounted in the Choate and I was happy with it. I then found a great deal on a AICS and now my SPSV sits in it and shoots as well as it did with the original plastic factory and Choate. I shoot it till the barrel tells me to stop.

The first 3 shots were to sight in,here are shot's 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 and 12 ever fired with the SPS with the factory stock so dont get bent out of shape with all the talk about how bad they are and wont shoot. BTW , 3 different loads and bullet weights, none tuned for the rifle.

IMG_9950.jpg

Shot last week in the rain. Rem SPSV/AICS 168 gr SMK .28moa @600Y

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrS22wbIi_c"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrS22wbIi_c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>