• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anyone use the Hornady Superformance 178 gr. BTHP?

SRod

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2011
New Iberia, La & Lawton, Oklahoma
I'm about to get my first custom build from GAP, and I'm trying to settle on a specific load...I don't plan on handloading anytime soon. Seeing as how this is looking like the hottest .308 factory load available, with the best b/c I'm wondering how this will perform out of a 24" Bartlein? And, is it worth choosing over the Black Hills 175 gr...I'm not trying to start using several loads until I'm comfortable. Any thoughts?!?

Re: Anyone use the Hornady Superformance 178 gr. BTHP?

This might help you a bit. Also use this page to search and you can find almost anything you ever wanted to know.

Re: Anyone use the Hornady Superformance 178 gr. BTHP?

The Hornady Superformance is not gas gun friendly. I spoke with Hornady tech support after having popped and inverted primers and the general consensus is that unless you have a 24" barrel, it's a toss up as to whether or not the Superformance will perform without causing any issues. Technically, it was produced for bolt rifles and not the AR platform.