• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone use the KRG Harris Direct mount?

Thunderhorse

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2018
Central MO
I am upgrading my bipod from the 1A2-LM I bought over a decade ago to an S-LM. Both are the 9-13" with leg notch, but the one I have doesn't have the swivel feature. It is currently mounted via swivel stud to the spigot (regular, not ARCA) on my KRG Bravo, and its on there pretty solid with a bit of loctite and some help from an allen wrench, but since the swivel bipod gives me the option of the (inline) direct mount adapter I am considering it for a few reasons:

-the screws on the direct mount to the spigot are more robust than the little studs going through the swivel on the standard Harris mount.
-The direct mount looks to bring the bipod a little closer to the rifle's bore axis.

I prefer not to put a picatinny rail on the bottom of my spigot and use an adaptor. That moves the bipod further away from the rifle, and is really just not necessary. I don't move bipods from rifle to rifle; I'll buy another bipod if I get another rifle that I want a bipod for.

Anyone have any experience with this mounting method? I assume it works with a pod-loc that I will also be upgrading to.

Also, sort of unrelated, KRG said they'd be coming out with a Tikka specific Bravo cheekpiece and I read that the Tikka inlet Bravos are now shipping with them, but I can't find them on their site. Anyone know if they are available to order separately?

Alrighty then, guess I'll be the first. I'll give y'all my thoughts and post some pics once its on.

Mount arrived today from KRG so I got it installed along with the Pod-loc. Only hitch was that the forend skin on my chassis was just low enough to prevent the bipod from sliding into the mount so I had to remove the forend to get it installed. I also took the opportunity to dremel down the forend skin where it attaches to the rear stock in order to tighten up magazine fit. You can see that there is just enough clearance between the pod-loc and the forend for it to work. I thought I may have to mount the adapter the other way around but the swivel carriage would not fit with the second screw mount overhanging it. Before, during, and after pics:

Attachments

• 20180623_123744[1].jpg
    20180623_123744[1].jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 485
  • 20180623_130556[1].jpg
    20180623_130556[1].jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 493
  • 20180623_134358[1].jpg
    20180623_134358[1].jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 471
  • 20180623_134431[1].jpg
    20180623_134431[1].jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 474
I've never direct-mounted their stuff, but the KRG Harris adapter paired with the KRG ARCA clamp is my favorite by far. The Harris S-LM is pretty much my go-to bipod, they all have KRG ARCA setups on them. KRG keeps the apex low, and their ARCA clamps are probably the most serious clamp on the market. Very heavy duty.

I've never direct-mounted their stuff, but the KRG Harris adapter paired with the KRG ARCA clamp is my favorite by far. The Harris S-LM is pretty much my go-to bipod, they all have KRG ARCA setups on them. KRG keeps the apex low, and their ARCA clamps are probably the most serious clamp on the market. Very heavy duty.

You use the wide mount to attach the Harris to the ARCA clamp? Any pics of the setup?

@Thunderhorse I've actually used both the wide and the narrow. I took pics of one of each for you. I thought with the wide I might be able to remove the clamp from the mount without dismantling the Harris, and you might be able to if you had more patience than I do. I find it faster to just dismantle the Harris. And, I've never found myself wanting to remove the clamp besides the one time I was testing to see if I could get it off without tearing down the Harris.

harris1.jpgharris2.jpg