• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone use varmint grenades?

DPontius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2011
Ohio
I got 200 to try on some prairie dogs next month, just wondering what experiences you guys have had with them? I'll be loading the 26 grainers for my .204. What kind of groups and damage have you seen with them as compared to v-maxes or blitzkings?

Re: Anyone use varmint grenades?

shooting times in the uk did a comprhensive test using the grenades, v maxs , noslers and the blitzkings, shooting into balistic gels , believe it or not the bullet that expanded least was the varmint grenade though it did penetrate furthur. the v maxes expanded the best. i tried a box my self after watching the u tube clips- the 36g in my .223 527 varmint and could not get them to shoot as well as the ballistic tips, for me anyway they were no more destructive than the 50g v maxes.

Re: Anyone use varmint grenades?

Try some Speer TNT's. They shot great in my 223. Very destructive. I'm almost positive they make a .20 version.